Depth & Colour

John Bacon

21 minutes ago, Knuguy said:

Kinda weird how red changes to blue!

Blue is the colour that is visiable in the least amount of light; red requires the most amount of light.  I think pure red would fade to black.   But if there was some blue tint in the red, the blue would remain visiable after the red had faded to black.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:33 PM, JohnBacon said:

Blue is the colour that is visiable in the least amount of light; red requires the most amount of light.  I think pure red would fade to black.   But if there was some blue tint in the red, the blue would remain visiable after the red had faded to black.

Your understanding of light is better (or maybe just different?) from mine. I didn't think one took more energy than the other, just that it's at a different frequency than the other. I guess, as you say, there must be a blue tint in there as well. 

Interesting, but don't see how it matters much for fishing, given that we are guessing at what color the fish will respond to at a given time and location.:unsure: 

Fish do see colours differently then we do so what colours you see is different then fish

but to me it is not the colour or how deep you can see the colour as much as how much the profile of the bait stands out within its environment regardless of colour that makes the difference to me