Curious about post count numbers

lew

I've never put much importance in post count numbers but on the old board I think I was up around 11 or 12,000 but notice now it's around 9800 and am just curious if any other things will be changing, specially in our profiles.

Yah, I just looked and I've lost about 7500 over night. Last evening I was 25K and change. I remember on one board update WAY WAY back that Roy and crew manually added the count from the previous board. Wonder if the new software did an actual count without those old numbers added in.

Edited by irishfield

The post count might be from the last update. We did have some corruption in the data base and they may have had to edit it back to a saved point that it was still good. With the number of members we have it is not possible to go thru and adjust them though. 

Art

I second that Mister G. Some people seem obsessed over post counts on various forums and some even have this idea that a higher post count somehow makes them more important or that their opinion is the only one that matters. Then, as you mentioned, we have those who make senseless single word posts simply to drive up their post count. I like seeing when someone joined the forum, but post count is completely irrelevant.

Personally, I couldn't tell you if my post count changed if my life depended on it.