misfish

Issues thread

21 posts in this topic

My issue is when I come back, it says

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

Hi Misfish -

yes, I think that will happen for some pages until everything gets rebuilt into new system.  We are currently processing it now....  there is a total of 1,017.604 post/topics that need to get re-created.  We are on 268,328 so about 20% of the way done.  Hopefully that will go away after everything is completed 100%... give me a day or two to get through them all.

Thank you sir -
Chad

its because its linking to a page that no longer exists

find the page you want to start on and make a bookmark

I've also jumped the gun and posted about an anomaly.  Just read somewhere that it may take a few days for it all to settle out.  What used to be my user or sign in name is now my display name, so for a while I guess I'll not be cheaptackle while the process goes on.  There's got to be a bunch of work to undertake to complete this, and I appreciate the effort as I'm sure all do.  When it's all done I'll see where it's at and deal with it then.

Michael

23 minutes ago, mhinon said:

I've also jumped the gun and posted about an anomaly.  Just read somewhere that it may take a few days for it all to settle out.  What used to be my user or sign in name is now my display name, so for a while I guess I'll not be cheaptackle while the process goes on.  There's got to be a bunch of work to undertake to complete this, and I appreciate the effort as I'm sure all do.  When it's all done I'll see where it's at and deal with it then.

Michael

FOLLOW THIS

ACCOUNT SETTINGS

CHANGE USER NAME

Edited by misfish

There are 41 subtopics that need to rebuild we are on number 1 at 60% the speed of the rebuild is done as a background process meaning the server has placed it on a low priority. The amount of data we are dealing with is HUGE . Feel free to post any questions and if others can post answers we might get alot of the issues fixed before we interupt Chads efforts to stabilize the site. 

Thank you 

Art

Is there going to be a link the new posts in a thread like the old versions had? I could click on a bubble or something and it would take me to the first unread post in a topic.

It was on the left side of the forum and it also had a pencil logo in it if I had posted in the topic. I see a bubble on the new version but it seems it's only on the ones I have posted in and doesn't take me to the first unread post.  :unsure:

Not the all new posts. Just specific threads. It's now working. In a thread you have posted in there is a green button on the left side of the screen. It turns orange if there is a new reply. Click on the bubble to go there. Other threads you have not posted in but have new replies have the orange bubble only.

A similar format is used on another forum I frequent, the problem I have is reading the white font on the light bronze back ground. Is it possible to have the black font I see right now on previous replies? I know it's early and you guys are working your buns off. Thanks to both Blue and Art.

Hi guys -

Yes, I will be looking into all this just as soon the we get through the index rebuild to accommodate for HTTPS/SSL applied and the upgrade to our PHP version; as well as a few other technical things that I won't bore you with... ;-)  Haha.

Thanks again for feedback -

Chad

I cleared all my browser,cookies,chach and what ever else I can do. Still do not have my pm and info icons.

Just FYI.

I know the new site is in process, but had it before.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎15 at 3:06 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

A similar format is used on another forum I frequent, the problem I have is reading the white font on the light bronze back ground. Is it possible to have the black font I see right now on previous replies? I know it's early and you guys are working your buns off. Thanks to both Blue and Art.

AKRISONER told me to go to the bottom of the page and select themes and chose default. Now I have dark font on a white backround and am no longer getting "This page can not be found." I love the new format now, exactly the same as The Niagara fishing forum, exactly. Thanks Blue and OFC staff.

Johnny D

10 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I spoke to soon, still getting the message "This page can not be found." I go to the  notification or PM icon and select that and it gets me in.

Delete the old link to OFC. Now do a search for OntarioFishingCommunity, com.  bookmark it as your new home page or as a link. We are now HTTP secure which is something we have wanted to do for a while.