New skin for OFC ?

woodenboater

At the base of this page you will see the word theme in the middle. You can click it and it will give you 2 choices for now. If the wood one is hard to read you can click default and it will go to a black and white theme. You can switch back easily. 

Art

1 minute ago, ketchenany said:

BLURRY to you is caused by what I call a “drop shadow” not used when Type is in text.

get rid of the drop shadow and problem is solved with the black type.

3 hours later into the night, I got this. My page went, ding dong. LMAO

wow.  I have been trying for 2 days to post here.

The text is dark--wonderful.

Background is  very very distracting, please get  rid of it.  why change anything????

IT WAS GREAT THE WAY IT WAS.

WHITE BACKGROUND, ADJUSTABLE ON  ANY SCREEN.

DARK TEXT , WHY NOT STAY WITH  TRYED AND TRUE.

I TOTALLY DISLIKE THIS ENITIRE NEW SKIN.

Hi guys -

Thanks for feedback.  Wood theme will take some time and work until work out some of the finer details.  

npt1 - I agree.  Unfortunately our hand was forced because of the old software we were running.   IPB would no longer offer support of any kind and the entire site was in jeopardy unless we upgraded.  This meant the next time you saw one of the database errors, could have been the last if we didn't take action.  I'm one who believes in the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" model but the alternative here was we could lose the entire site.  Our hand was forced.

At the bottom of the site you can change themes to a more basic version easily.  I'll continue to work on the short comings of this theme - I'm personally not a big fan of the text-shadow here; looks blurry to me.  

Stay tuned and thanks again for the patience everyone -

Chad

It's all good to me now that I changed from the "wood" background to white. If I can do it anyone can.

All we need now is a "Like" and "Dislike" feature and lets see how others really feel, anonymously of course.

Is this the time to make another forum like "Waterside Chat".?All non fishing subjects.