Finally had the Sinus surgury yesterday.

Old Ironmaker

I should have had it years ago. Plenty of bleeding but virtually painless, uncomfortable but painless. Once I cleaned all the dry blood out this morning I can actually breath out of both nostrils for the first time in years. I don't know why I waited 12 years to do something about it. Thanks to all here that shared their experiences and encouraged me to do something about it. Hopefully it just works beyond today.

I highly recommend Dr. Elizabeth Jenney out of Hamilton. Terrible bed side manner but that's not what I want most in a Surgeon, the pretty nurses make up for that.

Oh ya, when I was younger it was always clogged up and felt like I had a lobster claw holding my nose shut. Although an unfortunate way to go about it, got into a rumble about 30 years ago and had my nose broken, the other guy suffered worse. Got the surgery done and I can blow tornados out of the old snot box now.

I hope I have the same results as you Fisherman. The Doc said she drained 2 large cavities of puss that fed the infection that fed the pustules that fed the infection. A cycle of Sinusitis that would not go away. My breathing is getting better by the hour today, whooorahh. If I have to go in and have this done twice a year I will, my back hurts more from lying on those things they call beds more than my face does. She also told my wife that my energy levels should get back to normal as well. I didn't sleep for more than an hour at a time because it felt like I had a yap full of beach sand from mouth breathing.

I had the surgery for deviated septum/sinus 9 years ago.  Other than immediately getting a bad and lengthy sinus infection that really knocked me out (despite the antibiotics) it has been good since.  One thing I'd recommend is doing a daily saline rinse  to keep the pipes clear.

I nedi rince 3 times a day and have a bottle of Salinex plus anti biotic and Celebrex 3 times daily. I can't read the light font on this background. the dark when composing is a bit better. I won't PM anyone as I'm sure Art and Blues boxes are full.  I can see the red underlines here but have to zoom in to read it.

On 11/15/2017 at 2:07 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

I nedi rince 3 times a day and have a bottle of Salinex plus anti biotic and Celebrex 3 times daily. I can't read the light font on this background. the dark when composing is a bit better. I won't PM anyone as I'm sure Art and Blues boxes are full.  I can see the red underlines here but have to zoom in to read it.

Switch your Theme Iron, its at the bottom of your screen in the middle you can click on theme and select "Default"

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

Switch your Theme Iron, its at the bottom of your screen in the middle you can click on theme and select "Default"

Thank you, thank you AKRI, that was easy. I can see again!!!!!

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

I'll thank you again I guess. This the exact format as the Niagara fishing forums. A few guys here are on there as well.