Pinery PP closes in advance of "occupation"

farsider

Pinery Provincial Park is closed until further notice in advance of an "occupation".

Most Southerners have had some good times there at one point or another. Even fished there too.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/provincial-park-closes-down-until-further-notice-due-to-planned-occupation-1.3671806

Cheers,

Mark

This won't go over well.. The Pinery is a very popular park.. I wonder if I could occupy someone's yard where my family used to own property in Binbrook.. Not my fault that my ancestors sold it without thinking of future generations..

Here we go again, again. It isn't going to get any better. The last protest here in Caledonia had absolutely nothing to do with land in Caledonia, not even the same county. And it was a land claim between 2 factions of First Nations groups, not even against the Feds or the Province. They knew the economic and social impact here would bring more attention. The only good thing was the O.P.P. showed up in force within a week and told them to clear the blockade across Hwy. 6, and they miraculously did, it was about time.

Isn't it a coincidence that the 3500 houses they have built and continue to build today well within 10 miles of the Grand River has gone off without a hitch. I have been told the builders paid $1,000,000.00 in extortion fees to the Haudenosaunee Development Corporation (formerly known as La Cosa Nostra, La Manna Negra or Mafia) . Even 1/2 that is 500K too much.

Edited by Old Ironmaker