Roy halladay

manitoubass2

Oh no, didn't hear that today. He was one of my favorite Pitchers when I was a Baseball fan. Sad for the family and his fans, condolences. 2 time Cy Young winner, the man was talented. 40 years young, what a waste.

Irish, I denote a sentiment that the aircraft isn't the safest. Am I right?

Just looked at the plane, very unique I think with that rear prop. Just the other day a similar plane flew along the shoreline. We see aircraft constantly as they use the shoreline as a road map I guess and they fly very low, low enough where the Pilot waves back. Never recall seeing one like it before.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

This one hit me hard, he was my idol and a source of inspiration during my playing days, he was about as near perfect as a pitcher could get

Yeah, this was like a Payne stewart for me too.

I think Roy was hands down one of if not the best pitchers in the 2000s and one of the best of all time

Too sad. Had a whole life to live still. At work one of the guys on site told me Roy was in a commercial for that plane, and his wife also said something along the lines of I was hesitant and said no to him having this as a hobby .... Should've followed her gut feeling

Yikes... He only just got the thing last month, and apparently the lead engineer died in a crash in one ?

Edited by Lucas F

..and their test pilot! Their entire marketing style is wrong, selling them as PWC's with wings.. trolling for the young / hipster / with money.

Roy paid a premium to take delivery of serial #001 for the 2018 model year, that and who better to advertise their aircraft for free. His was the first hull that Icon actually did the composite layup in their new inhouse facilty (2017's where outsourced). I was actually hoping to see that it was an inflight break up due to improper composite work, but it appears Roy was hotdogging and stuffed it into the bay. The NTSB report will tell the tale, but that will take a year probably.

A aircraft that size would not require a Cockpit Voice Recorder I assume, it did have Flight Data recorders. Other than the press conference's anything I have read is unconfirmed Internet rumours, at this point I would call them rumours. I I read and they have been recovered. I also have read he was a well seasoned pilot since his youth then I read that he was forbidden to take up aviation until his Baseball career was over. Licensed in 2013.

Irish, what kind of speeds and G's would that thing do planting a nosedive into the water?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Did anyone hear the rant by Michael Felder a Boston sports talk radio idiot about Roy Halliday's death? I couldn't believe what I was hearing, this guy has to be the biggest jack wad since I last listened to the guy that runs the country we border on.

Guess what Michael Felger said today, "I'm sorry, I feel bad." But then said he meant much of what he said. Which part Duffus? Calling him a moron and he deserved it, and he was asking for it, what exactly? This guy must really hate his job and wants to get a real job where one has to work for a living. He will be fired in the next day or so, if he's not no one can.

It's not letting me paste the link. Google it, you will be both amazed and appalled at the same time.

Im no pilot but flying close to ground / water leaves no room for error in case of turbulence, downdraft or mechanical problems.

I thought highly of Doc as a player and human being.

Got to wonder what he was thinking in that bird.

The plane was amphibious so there could be a chance he could have been looking to land on the water. Me got be the reason he was flying low. I have been in one of those types of planes. A super Petrell which is the same type of plane. They are very cool to fly in.

Did anyone hear the rant by Michael Felder a Boston sports talk radio idiot about Roy Halliday's death? I couldn't believe what I was hearing, this guy has to be the biggest jack wad since I last listened to the guy that runs the country we border on.

Guess what Michael Felger said today, "I'm sorry, I feel bad." But then said he meant much of what he said. Which part Duffus? Calling him a moron and he deserved it, and he was asking for it, what exactly? This guy must really hate his job and wants to get a real job where one has to work for a living. He will be fired in the next day or so, if he's not no one can.

It's not letting me paste the link. Google it, you will be both amazed and appalled at the same time.

I heard it OI. What a complete piece of work that guy is. I would hope they fire him immediately.

Edited by BassMan11

that guy should be fired, period

The plane actually has a deployable parachute but you have to be at a decent elevation in order to deploy it. https://www.iconaircraft.com/a5 Wayne is right they are appealing to a young market with this product.

Here is a link where people were recording his flying and sadly the crash. There is also a promo video that his wife and him recorded for Icon. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5062213/Roy-Halladay-fly-Icon-A5-crash.html

You would think these scum who arrived first would at least check for survivors first instead od videoing the scene.

Until someone faces the same circumstances you don't know what you would do. You would think the first thing would be for at least someone to jump in the water instead of narrating with foul language. There wasn't fire to contend with. Stress and shock makes people do strange things. Some will run into a fire to try and save a life but most will run away. The video guy and his crew should remain nameless for their own good but I can't be too critical here. Hopefully Ray Halliday was killed instantly and didn't drown while conscious.

I hope that that company goes under and I am positive it will go under and never sell one of these weapons again. They should be ashamed to market them the way they have. The number of crashes to hours in the air must be an astronomical ratio. Any of these things still out there should be grounded immediately and permanently.

I didn't hear it and from the reviews I heard I don't want to. Some people have no class.

How this moron still has his job is beyond me.

This maniac just won't quit. He has been suspended by NBC, he should be cleaning out the cage he works in by Monday morning, I hope. There is enough hate in this world no one needs to listen to this animal, and they pay him to do it! An article that appeared today in part.

“Was it Dale Earnhardt who died? The race car driver who died? I root for the wall. I really do. That ain’t no tragedy ... I’m supposed to feel bad for you? Give me a break. Oh God,” he sai

NBC Sports Boston has since suspended Felger from going on air through Sunday, according to the Boston Herald. Felger traditionally hosts the New England Patriots pre- and postgame shows, though he won't be doing either for this Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos. NBC Sports released the following statment regarding Felger's comments:

“As a result of his insensitive comment about Roy Halladay and Dale Earnhardt on Wednesday, Michael Felger will not appear on NBC Sports Boston, effective immediately through Sunday. While we don’t have editorial control of the content of his radio show, which we simulcast, Felger’s comments are not representative of our network’s views or standards.”

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I can never understand why anyone would wish death on anyone else.

I have had people who have wronged me, cheated me and stole from me. People I wouldn't have a nice word to say to or about even if I was getting paid for it. And I never would wish death on any of them.

I donmt understand how someone can say they are rooting for the wall. Did Earnhardt run over his dog or something?

I can never understand why anyone would wish death on anyone else.

I have had people who have wronged me, cheated me and stole from me. People I wouldn't have a nice word to say to or about even if I was getting paid for it. And I never would wish death on any of them.

I donmt understand how someone can say they are rooting for the wall. Did Earnhardt run over his dog or something?

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^