Wednesday was a Special Day

jimmer

It's amazing how everything comes together sometimes. A buddy and I planned to go fishing on Wednesday. The weather forecast wasn't the greatest, but looked the best for the foreseeable future. We hit the water at about 9am and were target fall bass. They seemed to be in the mood for playing and we probably boated over 30 bass in the day. Nothing huge, but lots of fun. The largest was probably around 2 pounds (don't think there are many larger ones in this lake). There was a bonus though. The lakers seemed like they wanted to join in and we boated 10 of those. We caught a couple of those in under 8 fow. The rain even held off for most of the day. Our go to bait was a jig with a white twister tail. We did get a few bass on a drop shot, but the jig was doing the trick. We're running out of time for the open water, so get out there and take advantage of the awesome bite.

Jim2.jpg

Jim1.jpg

Jack.jpg

Not sure they even spawn on that lake and it sure wasn't the right kind of bottom for spawning. Maybe they are going through the motions of a spawn. They are all stocked fish in that lake.

Chuck-My buddy is always amazed when we catch a trout. LOL

I was in haliburton last week and actually seen trout spawning in 5-10 feet of water was kinda cool to see....they will cruise the lake in shallow looking for suitable sites and group up for sure even the stockers will do that weather or not there is suitable spawn sites or not....caught many lakers while droppshotting for smallies so many that I have had to leave an area as the trout just keep hitting ..... cool either way man and some nice trout you guys got......cheers

I was in haliburton last week and actually seen trout spawning in 5-10 feet of water was kinda cool to see....they will cruise the lake in shallow looking for suitable sites and group up for sure even the stockers will do that weather or not there is suitable spawn sites or not....caught many lakers while droppshotting for smallies so many that I have had to leave an area as the trout just keep hitting ..... cool either way man and some nice trout you guys got......cheers

Yep, the stocked fish will still spawn, whether or not they're successful depends entirely on the lake. They're still the same fish.

Awesome job, the lakers and splake have been on fire up here too.