Hwy 400 Accident

captpierre

I realize it is still under investigation.

They are saying the fuel tanker driver that plowed into the scene was at fault

How do you drive a bomb on wheels at highway speed and be inattentive?

I dont get it.

Horrible for all involved.

Edited by captpierre

Way too many inexperienced drivers driving those trucks.

Used to be you had to prove yourself before getting behind the wheel of those huge rigs but now it seems anybody can get a job driving them. Just take a drive down the 401 and it's unbelievable how many lousy drivers are behind the wheel and I'm surprised there aren't even more accidents involving trucks.

70-75 MPH down the road and they're sitting 10 feet behin the guy in front.

Edited by lew

I wish we had pics of the scene before the truck showed up. I've seen more idiots stop in the middle of the highway because of a simple fender bender then you can imagine.

Just playing devils advocate, let's not assume anything until we get details.

I wish we had pics of the scene before the truck showed up. I've seen more idiots stop in the middle of the highway because of a simple fender bender then you can imagine.

I hear ya. Lots of real idiots on the roads man. Its crazy. The only accident I've ever been involved in, was me exiting the 401, and a guy coming ON the OFF RAMP. I squared him up and nailed him head on. Better me hit him than a big rig. We weren't going fast, but fast enough to write off both vehicles, with no injuries. ( I actually tried to avoid the collision, but he swerved right into me after I swerved away. The off ramp was one lane wide, with concrete barriers on both sides at the time, so I had nowhere to go anyways)

I almost rear ended a guy who stopped on the on ramp before merging into traffic on the 401 once too. He just stopped to wait for an opening....seriously...

S.

I do not miss driving the 400 every day.. People reversing on the shoulder because they missed their exit, pulling over to the LEFT with a flat tire (So half their car is sticking out into the left lane.

Common sense isn't so common, lol.

I drove rigs for more than 15 years and have worked in the industry for over 30. Cost me 4k in 1984 to get my license. There are a ton of factors involved, which I wont go into, that have contributed to where we are today. That being said, tanker drivers are some of the best operators out there. Don't rush to judge, and if you have never been behind the wheel of a tractor trailer, especially on a 400 series highway, you only know a small portion of the story.

my condolences to those who lost a family member

Is that not the truth....last week on Hwy.9 one of these idiots stopped in front of me right on the hwy. to check an emergency service vehicle that was on the shoulder....his license plate indicated he was a fireman but man that was a real dumb move...I have no problem with somebody slowing down and then pulling over but coming to a complete stop on the hwy. was just insane and no hazards to boot.... :wallbash:

I hear ya. Lots of real idiots on the roads man. Its crazy. The only accident I've ever been involved in, was me exiting the 401, and a guy coming ON the OFF RAMP. I squared him up and nailed him head on. Better me hit him than a big rig. We weren't going fast, but fast enough to write off both vehicles, with no injuries. ( I actually tried to avoid the collision, but he swerved right into me after I swerved away. The off ramp was one lane wide, with concrete barriers on both sides at the time, so I had nowhere to go anyways)

I almost rear ended a guy who stopped on the on ramp before merging into traffic on the 401 once too. He just stopped to wait for an opening....seriously...

S.

Happens more often than not getting on Hwy.11 south....and it`s usually a couple of bluehairs driving an old Buick!!!

Another tractor trailer crashed this morning, this one coming off the 427 ramp to Dundas and rolled over but it seems as if the injuries were only to the 2 in the truck and no other vehicles were involved.

Sounds like the ramp will be closed for awhile incase any of you boys use it in your travels today.

TPS is reporting that 5 pedestrians have been hit this morning in the GTA. I keep reminding my kids, just because you have the right of way as a pedestrian, doesn't make you immune to being hit. You have to assume that every vehicle near you can't see you and be on the defense.

HH

TPS is reporting that 5 pedestrians have been hit this morning in the GTA. I keep reminding my kids, just because you have the right of way as a pedestrian, doesn't make you immune to being hit. You have to assume that every vehicle near you can't see you and be on the defense.

HH

hope the phones were OK :tease: