Might be going on Local TV.

limeyangler

Hi all,

I contacted my local TV station, well the guy I know who works there and is my son's baseball coach (small town) to see if they wanted to air some of my videos. HE DOES! Not only that they help with production, post production etc...etc, and feel the content could be aired as an ongoing series!

Pretty cool, i'm pumped to showcase the awesomeness of our area, and feel it is quite an achievement given that I've only been here 10 years so am still a newcomer to the area.

Just had to share, I am a little excited, we'll see how it goes. There is no money involved, I don't get paid, but a cool experience to be sure.

Edited by limeyangler

Hi all,

I contacted my local TV station, well the guy I know who works there and is my son's baseball coach (small town) to see if they wanted to air some of my videos. HE DOES! Not only that they help with production, post production etc...etc, and feel the content could be aired as an ongoing series!

Pretty cool, i'm pumped to showcase the awesomeness of our area, and feel it is quite an achievement given that I've only been here 10 years so am still a newcomer to the area.

Just had to share, I am a little excited, we'll see how it goes. There is no money involved, I don't get paid, but a cool experience to be sure.

Thats pretty cool Simon

Excited for you!

Didn't you say some of those locals were hating you already Simon for your you tube channel ?

LOL

All the best to you bud.

Maybe I should contact ours here and do a Loonie Toon Adventure one. :lol::D

Yeah, the way I look at it though is that there are also a lot of people in town who love them, can't please everyone. I spoke to the producer guy today and said the vids might not always be popular, he seemed unconcerned. He has offered to teach me some editing tricks and allow me to use the TV stations editing suite....lol....scares me to even think about all those buttons.

Thats pretty cool Simon

Excited for you!

Thanks dude!

Roloff is going to be a star!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy Simon! I hope it works out for you.

HH

LOL...Roloff is known by probably 50 of our neighbours already, one guy even has a bed for him in his garage for when he comes visiting.

Sooner or later you need to ask that fateful Question!

How much does that pay.

Keeps you out of a ton of work in the fishing Industry.

It pays nothing. Its about local content for the community. They have a local woman's Yoga classes, the adventures of a local ATV enthusiast, Fishing with Gussy, interviews with local sports teams, they cover local news events, interviews with local personalities....did I say LOCAL....lol. They run a volunteer programme for people wanting to experience every or any aspect of TV production. I don't get paid for any of my content, they are a non profit organization. My content has never been about making money, I do make about $130 a month on Youtube but if you factor in the time and equipment i have invested in my hobby I'm not in the black...lol...by a loooooong way. If I ever am in a position where I can quit my day job ....bonus....if not I cannot foresee a time I won't be recording my adventures and sharing them on different social media platforms....why? Cuz I love making videos, its a creative outlet for me, I love the feedback I get...mostly...lol and I have memories for life.

Really cool. Here's to hoping it's more than just local. We could use some decent programming down this way. On a side note, I was passing through Dryden this summer looking for a spot to wet a line with my nephew Jack (6) , and I thought dammit I should of PM'd Limey.

Just local i'm afraid. You should've pm'd me, Ive set up a few others from this forum for exactly the same thing, some good bass and walleye lakes accessible by car either right by Hwy 17 or not far off it. Actually it has been my intention to do a Dryden to Kenora Hwy17 lakes fishing video, stopping at everyone of the lakes in-between the 2 towns and taking 20 casts at each one.

That's awesome Simon!

Kinda cool huh? If it all goes ahead we will do a Rainy River one sometime for sure, but given that there are warrants for you in 4 provinces maybe you should wear a balaclava :ninja:

Did anyone see the ones produced for Canada150.all across Canada.

I know the guy behind the controls. He probably made a few bucks.

Did not see those, sounds cool.

Here you go Lymeangler.

Did not see those, sounds cool.

http://duracelldrone.macleans.ca

Thanks, I did see those actually, very cool.

Good luck Simon. I have excercised the thought of maybe attempting something similar down the road, so I am interested in seeing how this pans out.

LOL....after all the talk about money I got to thinking...ohoh. Maybe its time to approach a few companies for some sponsorship and get a few goodies out of the deal. I think your vids and pics would be perfect, kind of similar to mine, its a shame about the geography because collaborating with someone else would be awesome....hint hint.

Okay limey, let's clear one thing up. I have warrants in ALL provinces.

Lol yep rainy river trip will be fun! You know I'm game. Spring(prespawn) would be perfect!

Yup, pre-spawn would be good, if we could find a spot out there...gets pretty busy.

It pays nothing. Its about local content for the community. They have a local woman's Yoga classes, the adventures of a local ATV enthusiast, Fishing with Gussy, interviews with local sports teams, they cover local news events, interviews with local personalities....did I say LOCAL....lol. They run a volunteer programme for people wanting to experience every or any aspect of TV production. I don't get paid for any of my content, they are a non profit organization. My content has never been about making money, I do make about $130 a month on Youtube but if you factor in the time and equipment i have invested in my hobby I'm not in the black...lol...by a loooooong way. If I ever am in a position where I can quit my day job ....bonus....if not I cannot foresee a time I won't be recording my adventures and sharing them on different social media platforms....why? Cuz I love making videos, its a creative outlet for me, I love the feedback I get...mostly...lol and I have memories for life.

Well first off congratulations! It must be nice to live in a big city! LOL Just out of curiosity how does getting paid for youtube videos work? Not that I have an interest other than watching some of them and seeing people making them with 80,000 followers?

YouTube has complex algorithms based on not only views, but how many repeat views, how much of a video people watch etc

Revenue stream is based entirely on advertising as I understand it.

Yeah, very complicated algorithms and dodgy applications of ads despite which settings you choose, I can't make sense of it at all, I have small banner ads on one of my videos that has almost 650,000 views, but despite an increase of 180,000 views in the last billing cycle my revenue has remained fairly constant month to month. BUNK!

Edited by limeyangler