Want nice fillets like this, bleed them out,,,,,,,

misfish

I have been layed up the past 3 days with a wicked cold virus or sumthin. Pumped the body with vitamin C and slept something like 36 hours. Im not one for sitting around and it kills me when I cant get out fishing. Even had to pass up on my last toon outing of the year yesterday . Yes, it is getting put away today. :(

Woke up this morning and felt good enough to finally eat and drink something. Gave it an hour and said the hell with this, Im not sitting here today. Grabbed a tube of tied roe,rod,back pack and I was off. Even the mrs,s said, I knew you were not going to sit here. LOL It was a great few hours. Not a soul around and I went 4/5. What a stellar morning.

Go to my back pack and no camera. Oh well.

Anyhoo,

I bleed my fish right after I get them if Im keeping. Cut the right spot and the blood gushes out. When I get home, I end up with fillets like this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

wbB7kzu.jpg?1

Broil them in a caserole dish in white wine, don't over cook them, it only takes like 5-7 mins.

Then make a dill sauce to put on them.

1/2 plain yogurt

1/2 sour creme

dill weed to taste

When the fish is done, just brush a little of that sauce on and bobs your uncle.

So good!!

S.

I have seen videos and different people saying to bleed the fish but I myself have never done it.

Will have to give it a try,,,,,if I ever catch a fish again that is!

It's been a very bad year for me, every time I try to get out i've had wicked headaches .

Get them about 5-6 times a week, finally after months and months of waiting I have an MRI set for Nov 27, wooohooo! Maybe they can figure out what wrong with my noggin.