Racoons in NW Ontario.

limeyangler

I used to think skunks were kinda territorial.

About 30 years ago we had a skunk ripping open garbage nightly so my grandpa had my uncle bring out a pellet gun and a piece flank steak.

I joined just to watch

At dark he put out the steak in a semi lit area and we just sat there. After about 5 minutes we got the skunk!

Until 5 more minutes past lol. You could literally sit out all night shooting skunks.

Their populations must be HUGE

The Coon in your clip Simon may have been rabid?

For it to walk up to your truck the way it did, is not normal at all.

They're nocturnal and for it to even be out during the day, is in itself suspicious; as to its health.

My daughter lives outside of Ilderton; if my son in-law sees a skunk or a coon out during the day, it gets trapped (if possible) or shot and taken into the vet; 90% are found to be rabid.

Dan.

The Coon in your clip Simon may have been rabid?

For it to walk up to your truck the way it did, is not normal at all.

They're nocturnal and for it to even be out during the day, is in itself suspicious; as to its health.

My daughter lives outside of Ilderton; if my son in-law sees a skunk or a coon out during the day, it gets trapped (if possible) or shot and taken into the vet; 90% are found to be rabid.

Dan.

Exactly why I remained in the truck, one of the symptoms of rabies in animals is when they are unusually docile.

If you ever run short of coons up there we can send you up a boxcar load or 2!! Free shipping incl!!

Lol....start a Davey Crocket hat business. Actually that's how they end up this far north, they get on a train, fall asleep or whatever and can't get off .

Exactly why I remained in the truck, one of the symptoms of rabies in animals is when they are unusually docile.

Lol reminds me of the 8 billion foxes hanging out at the mine last summer. Left my truck window down and a fox hopped in and tried to snag my lunch lol

Brave lil guys

Lol reminds me of the 8 billion foxes hanging out at the mine last summer. Left my truck window down and a fox hopped in and tried to snag my lunch lol

Brave lil guys

Had one come up to me while shore fishing here in town.

They are super friendly. ^_^

I was hand feeding him minnows.

I have a den in the hill at the foot of my driveway.

There's always foxes around. My dog dislikes foxes for some reason. :dunno:

No raccoons up here though.

We have more menacing critters to deal with.

Every year there are bears in town that need to be relocated. We've also had wolves, coyote's, lynx, cougar and I have even seen a wolverine on my street.

Got some pretty cute critters about too. Ermine and pine martin as well as these fellas.

22814254_2175641129128881_58368639277614

22814028_2175641132462214_68261960949475