Rapala Shadow Rap.....what a piece of junk!

b_cdot

Well. Talked to rapala today. Told me to bring it back to CT. Thank god i swiped my CT money card or there would have been no record of me every buying it. Exchanged it for the same lure. Lets see if this one lasts longer than 2 days and few fish.....

Just fyi - i returned an item to CT on the weekend without a receipt. They used my debit card to find the transaction as proof of purchase.

Hate to break the news to you but a $13.00 lure is on the cheap side these days. It should still hold up better than yours did but with Lucky craft in the $20 range and Megabass over $30 for a jerk bait, Rapala is on the lower end of the spectrum.

And no matter how expensive the lure, there is always something that someone won't like about them.

Hate to break the news to you but a $13.00 lure is on the cheap side these days. It should still hold up better than yours did but with Lucky craft in the $20 range and Megabass over $30 for a jerk bait, Rapala is on the lower end of the spectrum.

And no matter how expensive the lure, there is always something that someone won't like about them.

Throw at your own risk around the toothy critters. Too bad i love em for smb but there are always fish with line snippers hanging around

I am an old guy that does not like paradigm shifts. I admit it. I will take a Rappala over almost, I repeat almost all other brand tackle. Each and every one has their application. Bass = Rappala and Walleye depending when and where. But long lining here on Erie for Pics I never tie a Rappala on, never. They just don't work as well as others, Reef Runners, Ripplin Redfin, old AC Bombers, Greasy Chicken, Limp Richards, Mamas Stew and Pink Panties spoons to name a few of the crazy spoons here. This year Erie Dearies worked well, they came out over 40 years ago. As far as quality you pay for what you get. But I will never pay 15 bananas for a plastic body anything. I do have a few Live Target plugs I paid 20 bucks for that stay in the box in case I loose them. That should go in stupid things one has done thread.

You know the saying, new tackle catches more fisherman than fish.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I am an old guy that does not like paradigm shifts. I admit it. I will take a Rappala over almost, I repeat almost all other brand tackle. Each and every one has their application. Bass = Rappala and Walleye depending when and where. But long lining here on Erie for Pics I never tie a Rappala on, never. They just don't work as well as others, Reef Runners, Ripplin Redfin, old AC Bombers, Greasy Chicken, Limp Richards, Mamas Stew and Pink Panties spoons to name a few of the crazy spoons here. This year Erie Dearies worked well, they came out over 40 years ago. As far as quality you pay for what you get. But I will never pay 15 bananas for a plastic body anything. I do have a few Live Target plugs I paid 20 bucks for that stay in the box in case I loose them. That should go in stupid things one has done thread.

You know the saying, new tackle catches more fisherman than fish.

"You know the saying, new tackle catches more fisherman than fish."

It works on a bunch of us lol

Rapala produces budget lures. What can you expect?

Rapala’s lures are not Megabass, OSP, Jackall etc

https://store.plus-fishing.com/en/product/fresh-water/fresh-water-lures/fresh-water-hard-baits/fresh-water-jerkbaits/results,25-24

You buy what you pay for. I like Rapala $12CAN are not 26€

Edited by spyder3g