What are you paying for sat. TV service if I may ask? Definitly NF

Old Ironmaker

I don't keep my eye on utilities at home. My wife does the utilities, I always check Hydro and Gas but not TV. I should be in the loop but am not, my head is in the sand so to speak. We have 1 Bell HD and 1 Bell SD box, both our boxes. All the movies except for Super Channel, we have HBO, TSN, all the upper HD channels. Time shifting as well. Today I got involved because the Sat. dish needs to be adjusted. Of course they said that a $75.00 service charge would apply and I told them to transfer me to customer service to cancel the thing after 17 years. 2 minutes latter they wave the charge, no shoot Sherlock. Any way I find we are paying close to $150.00 month and I find out movies are $6.99 each and average 4 month, man that's another 30 bucks plus tax. So lets say $120.00/ month all in. It was $55.00/month when I ordered it in 2000. I did look at going to Shaw when it was available 5 years ago and it was the same as Bell once all the promos expiered, about $95.00/month. It is the only other service I can get I'm told because of location.

We don't have enough bandwidth to go internet only and because of NFL games I wouldn't. Watched a game last year at my Brothers through the Internet and wanted to throw a foam brick through the screen with all the pixilation and tech difficulties.

What are you paying a month for Sat. TV, for what channels and with whom if I may ask?

Thanks ahead of time,

The guy stuck in the 90's and still has a VHS recorder and uses it.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/bell-bell-internet-tv-home-phone-new-customer-retentions-promos-read-first-post-1779871/

Read the first page and then read the last few pages to find out the current deals retentions will offer if you plan on cancelling your services.

I hope that helps.

I'm paying $130 for phone/internet/tv

For just tv from rogers I'm at $75 per month, hbo and movie network are like $25 a month each. I went with Netflix for movies and stuff, it's $11 a month

That's all HD as well with a pvr.

I've been going back and forth on deciding to go with an android box or not, my gf parents went with iptv for a month, and it was horrible, was probably just that the box was the cheapest on the market, but yea, bad

Well IO as I'm sure you recall I was a Bell rep till I left there recently. As for HBO/TMN that's a $25 add on to ANY plan and about $37 if you have the Super Channel too. As for general TV channels I say look at the channel line up in the Good pkg and then the Better pkg. Those are the stock line up's.

Let's say, the Good pkg + TMN/HBO covers you but the Mrs (or you) MUST have one or two missing channels... That's fine you can add them to the Good for $4 or $7 per channel. Still less than going to Better pkg. You can also add a few "a la cart" channels for a flat fee to to the Good pkg BUT TMN/HBO are not in that as they are a premium pkg.

Keep in mind TMN/HBO has some free on demand movies/shows but the $6.99 ones are Pay Per View On Demand. That means not on the current month TMN pkg but if you really must see it you pay for it like you have been.

Do you actually use the Time Shifting? If not there is a cash savings there too.

One thing I can say is that they are a true 1080P HD service for Sat TV and well; the other companies are not. BlueRay vs VHS unless the others have done something new in the past 30 days...

Keep in mind this one thing! If ever calling looking for a loyalty team to cancel (any service carrier) the calmer and cool you are in that call the easier it is for the agent on the other end to be willing to help and the odds are you score a new deal and get what you want and get it done much faster.

I was with a cable company for a while when I moved here. I noted and called often about actual service issues I had. Well, keeping calm and collected I was refunded $427 for my 'lack of service' when I called to cancel it.

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions about that company OI and what to do. But really scan the channel line up in both Good and Better pkg's and you can see what I mean. The "Select" pkg is no longer offered after the CRTC made all the new pkg's a year or so ago. So if you change to a current pkg you cannot go back!!

All good advise. I looked at our package closely and both Shaw and Bell are almost the same to the dollar. No collusion there eh? My must see TV is the Freak Channel, A&E. My 600 Pound Life, My 7' Tall Life, My Bigamist Life, My Little Person Life, 90 Day Fiancé (How to get a dial a wife/husband), man there was a day you had to go to the County Fair to see the Freak show, now it's on primetime TV which I think is sad. We don't watch because like I said it is sad to see these producers use peoples disabilities to sell Toyotas and condoms. I admit my guilty pleasure is 90 Day Fiancé, (please don't tell my wife). She knows and just shakes her head, anyway.......

The only way I see to get what we want, not need, is to wait until one or the other have a deal for switching over or having the current carrier to match the introductory offer. Another way is to get friends and relatives to go on one bill. I don't know how that works, I know they must know where the dishes are and most homes don't have 6 receivers, or do they? We have 2 for only the 2 of us, so maybe.

We have friends that share the cost 5 ways or more in several remote locations, how does that work? They must know they aren't in the same house.

I used to think TLC stood for The Learning Channel, my wife watches it on occasion and it is a toss up between it standing for " Totally Lame Crap " or " The Loser's Channel " in this day and age. Yeah 90 bucks is pretty well standard here and really all we watch is the news on CHCH and then sports but you need Sportsnet and TSN anymore more for that and they screw you over trying to get them on the cheap.

I cut the cable in 2005. I don't watch tv anymore. It took awhile to get used to no sports but after a few months I was fine. I think I am a lot smarter for cutting the cable. HNIC can be live streamed on Saturday evening if I do care for a game or two.

Yeah we cut ours a few years back. I stream news if I want too, but I stream alot of hockey and golf. It's all available for free or very cheap

I have Shaw at trailer park only because I can not stream and I think it is about 60 bucks a month for 6 months and I can use the app to watch on line at home if a like...

I just upgraded to the latest and greatest Android device to stream at home as I have had no cable for 2 years...this new device is pretty slick

Where I live I need a land line to get my internet. I pay right around $100/month for landline, and unlimited data. I don't have crazy high speed, but enough to stream netflix or whatever else I want with only the odd minor glitch. For satellite TV I pay about $60/month for shaw direct.

All in around $160/mo for TV, Internet and land line phone.

S.

Put up an over the air antenna. You will get buffalo And hamilton from your location

Ditch the satellite

What do I expect to pay for the HD antenna? Is it true HD at 1080p? Can you get HBO on the antenna? I have been told no HBO, movie channels as well as most cable channels such as CNN, Nat Geo etc.

My wife is leaving if she looses HBO and her cable movie channels. I'm thinking I might get a base package then add on some cable channels and supplement the networks with the antenna, ABC,CBS, NBC, FOX, CBC and CTV. I need to get the calculator out.

Not able to stream here, not enough band width.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

What do I expect to pay for the HD antenna? Is it true HD at 1080p? Can you get HBO on the antenna? I have been told no HBO, movie channels as well as most cable channels such as CNN, Nat Geo etc.

My wife is leaving if she looses HBO and her cable movie channels. I'm thinking I might get a base package then add on some cable channels and supplement the networks with the antenna, ABC,CBS, NBC, FOX, CBC and CTV. I need to get the calculator out.

Not able to stream here, not enough band width.

If I can stream out in the bush at my cabin in the North West Territories you should be able to in Southern Ontario!!!!! :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

just switched recently from bell to rogers and got a good deal. 149 a month for tv high speed internet and home phone. Tv has all the movie and sports channels HD channels came with 2 hd receivers,same thing was costing us 250 with bell. We can have 5 people streaming or gaming at once with no issues plus we got nhl centre ice so all games.

[

If I can stream out in the bush at my cabin in the North West Territories you should be able to in Southern Ontario!!!!! :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

Want to bet? I'll have to check again, when we got WIFI and I asked about bandwidth for Xplornet the answer was no, I'll check again.

Yep. I can stream all I want in NW Ontario and out internet is not the best

OI, ever heard of wifi?

Yes, Women's Infidelity Forensic Investigators, that WIFI?

just switched recently from bell to rogers and got a good deal. 149 a month for tv high speed internet and home phone. Tv has all the movie and sports channels HD channels came with 2 hd receivers,same thing was costing us 250 with bell. We can have 5 people streaming or gaming at once with no issues plus we got nhl centre ice so all games.

You'll be up to 250 when the promotion runs out. I did the same deal when I switched from bell to rogers. Although they did upgrade me from the 60mbs to 100mbs and 320gb usage