A NUNAVUT NOMAD II. Taloyoak's Caribou, Char & Child.

Moosebunk

The short version or the long? To summarize here, I spent a few weeks in Nunavut this August working in an awesome little place named Taloyoak. This tundra town in the Kitikmeot region is Canada’s furthest north settlement on our mainland. Rugged and very remote, here Arctic life and culture rule. Lucky to have free time and a fishing pole, on some days off I was able to search and find char, lake trout, caribou and more while out on the beautiful barren lands. A full story with many outdoor and fish pictures is posted at my own website if looking to view. Link below...

Here’s just a few pics of that recent experience north...

100_zpsonvc2x8x.jpg?w=1080

172_zpsvmqvqubu.jpg?w=1080

185_zpsyhaoxz0v.jpg?w=1080

Thanks for reading.

Bunk.

Here’s just a few pics of that recent experience north.

Edited by Moosebunk

I saved reading this for a Saturday morning and as per usual, unreal bunk!

I truly admire you as a man/angler/writer/nurse/adventurer/photographer in no particular order...

That's really awesome how the kids are actually being kids. That's great to see! Also, they have a mini ramp! That stoked the inner skatenerd in me lol.

All the pics are incredible! The fishing looks awesome! And that last sunset pic is one of the best "god sure has a paintbrush" type of photos!

Thanks again for the read/visuals Andrew!!!

It must be exciting to research these spots online and with sat images etc; and then finally get there and see them with your own eyes and fire out a spoon.

Awesome adventure Bunk! Maybe FishN'Hunt will chime in :)

As you well know Chris, it's all that planning and dreaming which can make it that much more special, or even tear it apart sometimes. Because of having a completely new location on Nipigon this spring, an unguided and new location on Great Bear and this Nunavut fishing to plan for as well, it was all some huge country to prepare for. And there was little help. So yes, to see it but also fish it all really well IMO for first time trips, it was exciting then and just great memories now.

Another outstanding trip.

I really like how you give an account of your fishing activities as well as a glimpse into life of the people you are assisting while you're there.

Thanks again.

The original draft was cut to shreds when I asked my wife to proof-read. This story actually began with a full paragraph of a very graphic and tragic scene that will always be scarred into mind now. It went deep and I felt it sucked readers right in fast with just the first few words. It also finished the story with an outcome of relief but also, sadness, tears and some hope. If BassAddict above thinks this a "masterpiece" (thanks Paul) then I kinda wish people got to read it when I thought it was, because so much more of the "Child" referred to in the title had to be removed for professional reasons. There have been "glimpses" every time that unfortunately I want to share but have to leave out of these types of reports.

I saved reading this for a Saturday morning and as per usual, unreal bunk!

I truly admire you as a man/angler/writer/nurse/adventurer/photographer in no particular order...

That's really awesome how the kids are actually being kids. That's great to see! Also, they have a mini ramp! That stoked the inner skatenerd in me lol.

All the pics are incredible! The fishing looks awesome! And that last sunset pic is one of the best "god sure has a paintbrush" type of photos!

Thanks again for the read/visuals Andrew!!!

Was a cigarette smoking, bass playing, "skatenerd" punk too as a teen. And so the jump, the halfpipe beside the basketball court, and kids being out and about doing kid stuff was great to view from a high perched apartment window and balcony above. The ocean in the background too... it all makes for good inspiration to travel and see such things through the work I do. Can't help but share Rick, there's just so much to find cool about these places. Thanks for the kind words as well bud. :)

"I'm not even peeking. I will save it for a long cold November afternoon after my sinus surgery to brighten my day. I might have to peek at that Neon colored Salmonid. What the??? Photoshop? Nope, I well know of your talents. I look forward to it Mr. Bunker."

Sinus surgery! UGH!!! Cringe John, cringe. That's right up there with eyes, testicles and the continual sawing and hammering during hip and knee replacements of surgeries I have watched that make me wanna pass out. Good luck. Please enjoy the reads in recovery.

Thanks for reading guys. Thanks OFC too.

Edited by Moosebunk

Second day reading this report just to soak it all in.

Drew you have truly hit the next level with your photo skills and you words as good as ever. Those six brightly colored buildings in a row followed up by those glowing char......just awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to write this for us.