A rare "youngbreed" NF

manitoubass2

So my daughter has a boyfriend now. First time I've ever dealt with this and was pretty friggin skeptical at first.

7 months later, this kid is like my friggin son lol. He can cook, clean and most importantly, work.

Doesn't smoke, or drink, or do drugs...

Anyhow, during last week's immense rain, he created a large rut in our driveway. I wasn't happy and told him. "Give me a week sir and it'll be fixed" he replied.

Shows up today, "hey Rick, I'll have some material here later to fix the driveway"

Alrighty

Low and behold he shows up with a trailer full of sand. Then a old loader. Packs it's nicely under my guidance

Leaves, shows up with a trailer of crushed rock. Same thing.

Good kid! They are the minority these days.

Good thing we move this week and I wasn't concerned about it anyhow lol

Good on ya young man! This guy is gonna go places

Edited by manitoubass2

Can you send him 2000 kilometers this way Rick. Driveway here could use a little touch-up. :)

Sounds like a great young lad. But really, aren't most when they're after our daughters....?

Keep a watchful eye. lol. ;)

7 months was too long of a chase for me at that age lol.

Nah he's just a good kid. I'm sure they're up to no good at some times but he sure isn't me at 17.

All I ask from the wife is she limits a little information so I don't go ape....

Fun thing this kids growing into young adults lol. Might need blood pressure meds soon...

7 months was too long of a chase for me at that age lol.

Nah he's just a good kid. I'm sure they're up to no good at some times but he sure isn't me at 17.

All I ask from the wife is she limits a little information so I don't go ape....

Fun thing this kids growing into young adults lol. Might need blood pressure meds soon...

When My daughter started dating, all the neighbourhood boys were terrified of meeting "The Dad". And if they weren't scared before meeting me, they certainly were after. Most boyfriends did not last long.

When My daughter started dating, all the neighbourhood boys were terrified of meeting "The Dad". And if they weren't scared before meeting me, they certainly were after. Most boyfriends did not last long.

LOL

None needed to worry about our pop. With 3 older brothers and well known, all were kind to our sister. :whistling:

I hear ya! And they should be scared. That's where respect is earned or not earned.

Our other daughter brought a boy home for us to meet and he never lasted 20 minutes before I put him in the truck, drive him home and told him not to ever return

That's a weird story though for another day

He can cook, clean and most importantly, work.

That's all fine but can he fish?

Reminds me of a country song, a father meets his daughter's boyfriend

Hey, y'all, run along and have some fun

I'll see you when you get back

Bet I'll be up all night

Still cleanin' this gun

That's all fine but can he fish?

Reminds me of a country song, a father meets his daughter's boyfriend

Hey, y'all, run along and have some fun

I'll see you when you get back

Bet I'll be up all night

Still cleanin' this gun

He's more of a hunter but yes he can fish too

Can you send him 2000 kilometers this way Rick. Driveway here could use a little touch-up. :)

Sounds like a great young lad. But really, aren't most when they're after our daughters....?

Keep a watchful eye. lol. ;)

Hehehe. Thought the exact same thing. Play both sides and he comes out a winner regardless.

In front of you at least, don't you remember when you were 17. My 15 year old girlfriends parents wanted to adopt me, 9 months later they wanted to put me in prison, and I should have been locked up.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

In front of you at least, don't you remember when you were 17. My 15 year old girlfriends parents wanted to adopt me, 9 months later they wanted to put me in prison, and I should have been locked up.

It's pretty apparent Johnny. He's either working, hunting or working on his truck at our house.

Yeah he's one of those kids with a $35,000 truck and he needs to modify every part on it. Better than doing drugs/alcohol I suppose right?

It's pretty apparent Johnny. He's either working, hunting or working on his truck at our house.

Yeah he's one of those kids with a $35,000 truck and he needs to modify every part on it. Better than doing drugs/alcohol I suppose right?

Yep too tired at 17 to do anything else. In Randy Moss's voice, "COME ON MAN." I never had a daughter but enough nieces and God Daughters to lose sleep, I don't envy your journey Brudder.

I am such a sceptic I want to know how a 17 year old can come up with a down stroke and make payments on a 35K rig and bling it out let alone insurance which has to be 500 a month for a 17 year old. This guy needs some Hamilton style interrogation, he may fold under questioning.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Yep too tired at 17 to do anything else. In Randy Moss's voice, "COME ON MAN." I never had a daughter but enough nieces and God Daughters to lose sleep, I don't envy your journey Brudder.

I am such a sceptic I want to know how a 17 year old can come up with a down stroke and make payments on a 35K rig and bling it out let alone insurance which has to be 500 a month for a 17 year old. This guy needs some Hamilton style interrogation, he may fold under questioning.

Lol. What you want me to say MAAAAN? he's partaking in sexual acts with my daughter?(I hope that was clean enough art?)

Yes, he probably is. But I'd rather not think about that so please people quit bringing it up lol.

Kid has a good job, and I guess he's really into trucks lol. His truck is probably cosigned signed by daddy or grandpa.

I know our kids are nowhere near owning a vehicle. Which they will do on their own and no I will not cosign. So they'll all likely have 1992 Honda Civic hatchbacks as their first vehicles hahaha.

4 teens in the house now, only two have jobs. They have alot of learning, and alot of work to do!!!!

Edited by manitoubass2

Rick, no he and she may not be. I dated a few young ladies when I was a child (16 to 18) for a long time, more than one at a time too, and we never ever had intimate relations, ever. Especially those of which came from good families that I respected. It might have been the Roman Catholic boy in me. Knowing what I know a to how you and Jen parent and the respect your kids have for the two of you I really doubt it. Just bustin' orbs. I wouldn't sweat it, sounds like a good kid. Teach him to cook. You never know, my younger brother started dating his wife when they were 13 freekin' years old. He and she are 60 now and have been together for the last 47 years!!!!

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Well I hope that's the case lol. Fact is I just don't know.

But he already cooks OK. Apparently he raised his brothers quite Abit(turns out his mom is not all there) but his dad, grandma and gramps looked after him quite well.

I learned alot from grams and Gramps too so thats a good thing for sure.

I'm reserving further judgment for an Ice fishing trip or three

(Check your messages)

Edited by manitoubass2

You have a Man to Man with him while cleaning your 30 aught 6. Actually happened to my kid brother when he got engaged to one of his wives, don't remember which number she was. He's going on #4 right now with #5 a distinct possibility and he isn't yet 50.

One of the strangest things I have ever seen was when our Uncle passed and there he is with numbers 1 through 3 all hugging next to the coffin while number 4 sits in the corner staring at them. Family reunion I guess.

Edited by Old Ironmaker