Canada Thanksgiving

TennesseeGuy

I'm spending Thanksgiving with the Geary family on Little Vermilion Lake. This is my 5th Thanksgiving in camp. October trips make winter go faster for me. The Geary family, 3 moose hunters and I (only fisherman on the water) will enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving meal.

Being a dual citizen I get to have 2 Thanksgivings too. Nothing like going north this time of year if only to see the magnificent colors. Not many colours around here this year. I was told we may not get a change because of that crazy Indian Summer we had a week and a half ago.

Happy Thanksgiving to you Tennessee and to all our friends here on OFC.

We also have two thanksgiving meals. Last night with our good friends down at the trailer park in Normandale. Tomorrow at my son's house in Warwick.

My daughter in law is expecting anytime now and she still wanted to do this big meal for all of us. I'm pretty sure she wants to stay active and hopefully bring on the baby? I'm over the moon, this will be my first grandchild and it's all I can do to wait for her to hand me the child for the first time.

Talk about a thanksgiving present!!!!!

Dan.

2 down 1 to go!

One with my immediate family, one with the extended family on my parents side (typically 40-60 depending on significant others)

And tomorrow with with the fiancees family... Lots of pie this weekend ?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone... We couldn't be more lucky to live in the country we do, and have this beautiful weather this weekend to go along with the festivities

Edited by Lucas F

I worked today for double time plus a lieu day :D

I remember those days. Then life happened, and am thankful to do 40 a week and enjoy life, as it should of be.

Spent the morning fishing the river til 11. Headed home to get dinner on ye way.

The ham was perfect and so were the fix.ns.

Time to chillax and burp it off. LOL

Hope all are enjoying their day.

Edited by Misfish

I remember those days. Then life happened, and am thankful to do 40 a week and enjoy life, as it should of be.

Spent the morning fishing the river til 11. Headed home to get dinner on ye way.

The ham was perfect and so were the fix.ns.

Time to chillax and burp it off. LOL

Hope all are enjoying their day.

I changed a Switch and reset 4 GFI's home at 1 left at 8am paid 16 hours and a lieu day :D

We also have two thanksgiving meals. Last night with our good friends down at the trailer park in Normandale. Tomorrow at my son's house in Warwick.

My daughter in law is expecting anytime now and she still wanted to do this big meal for all of us. I'm pretty sure she wants to stay active and hopefully bring on the baby? I'm over the moon, this will be my first grandchild and it's all I can do to wait for her to hand me the child for the first time.

Talk about a thanksgiving present!!!!!

Dan.

That is fantastic news Dan. I hope all goes well.

I have to tell you guys I am very thankful this year. I lost over 35 pounds from January to August. I did not diet, no appetite. I finally went to my Doc after I lost 40lbs. I went from 212 to 170, I don't remember 170, grade 10 maybe. 2CT scans with the dye thing, 2 MRI's, Ultra Sound, many blood tests. Tuesday he tells me NO CANCER. A bile duct and thyroid problem No big deal. I am thankful. But none of my cloths fit. I gained back 10 last month, the first time in my life the Doc said gain 15 pounds!!!!

Edited by Old Ironmaker

That is fantastic news Dan. I hope all goes well.

I have to tell you guys I am very thankful this year. I lost over 35 pounds from January to August. I did not diet, no appetite. I finally went to my Doc after I lost 40lbs. I went from 212 to 170, I don't remember 170, grade 10 maybe. 2CT scans with the dye thing, 2 MRI's, Ultra Sound, many blood tests. Tuesday he tells me NO CANCER. A bile duct and thyroid problem No big deal. I am thankful. But none of my cloths fit. I gained back 10 last month, the first time in my life the Doc said gain 15 pounds!!!!

WOW That must have been a worry. I'm glad it wasn't the dreaded C!! Looks like we'll be seeing 'more' of you once you regain your weight!! :)