Shawmere Lake Outpost Camp Air Ivanhoe

can u fish

This year's annual Fly In was with Air Ivanhoe out of Foleyet Ontario, on September 8th-15th. My brother and I have fished this Lake in the past and always had great success. We left early Thursday morning and made it to the Air base by 1:30 in the afternoon. The plan was to spend the night at the Lodge and Fly out Friday morning. As we were sitting in the Lodge and making the final payment for the trip, our pilot Joel Theriault offered to fly us in that afternoon so we unloaded the truck got our gear weighed and before you knew it we were on our way to Shawmere Lake. It was nice to Fly in that afternoon as this allowed us to get everything set up in camp and get out for an early fish Friday morning.This camp has been closed for the last 2 years and just reopened June 30th of this year and has seen extensive renovations such as a big screened in porch running water at the sink and a shower and vanity and the camp is now all run on solar power with an Inverter and 12 volt batteries and a 3000 watt generator it even has a small freezer.Now to the fishing we caught a good number of walleye everyday under very tough conditions warm temps and bright sunny skies with no wind and as an added bonus we got in to a few nice Northerns. This lake has an abundance of Walleye in the 16 to 17 inch range we only got a few that were over 18 to 20 inches which is fine by us as we are not Trophy guys it is all about the numbers all and all it was another great trip I would like to Thank the Theriault family and there staff at Air Ivanhoe for another great trip.

Cheers Mitch

I fished out of Air Ivanhoe and I gotta tell you, George has a 1st class operation compared to some of the places we have been. It's been about 10 years now but I'm sure George is still treating customers as family. Good to hear you have a great time.

Your are right Mr.G the Theriault Family at Air Ivanhoe do run a first class operation I have done a few Fly ins with them over the years at different Outpost Camps and have never been disapointed with there service or the Fishing.

Good to hear you had a good trip Mitch.

Yes, the Theriaults are legendary in that neck of the woods.

Yes you are right Chris the Theriaults are legendary in that neck of the woods,George Theriault Sr wrote a book called Trespassing in Gods Country it is a very good read.