Hamilton Harbour

Henricus

I am considering fishing Hamilton Harbour this weekend in my kayak and would like to hear about others recent successes. Of course I am not looking for spots but I am curious as to frequency of catch and what species. I understand walleye stocking seems to have taken hold and I expect largemouth and pike are in there. Sheephead, salmon, trout and even muskie have been reported in past threads that I was researching. I have actually been out in the spring where I felt I could literally walk across the water on the backs of all the carp. But is there a smallmouth population worth targeting? And as much as I enjoy hearing about a muskie caught 30 years ago I am more interested in experiences that occurred this summer and even in the last month or so. Thanks in advance and I will let you know how I made out if I get out.

Are they all closed because the gates are closed or no fishing posted? I would try Cootes Paradise. Less windy and have been told there are gamefish in there now as the Carp traps have worked. I would be wary of the wind in the bay. I have seen some mean water in there this time of the year especially. My department at the plant bordered the bay. East winds seemed to be worse than a west wind.

Be safe and good luck, report back.

Lasalle was closed because the marina was pulling boats out.

Fisherman's Wharf, the gates were closed and locked.

Bronte was still closed "due to damage"...from the high water levels I guess.

Hopefully I will get another shot but weather and schedule have to cooperate for it to happen.

Stay tuned.

If Hammertown is anything like here 45 minutes south on Erie this AM I may not venture out in a Ore Freighter let alone a Kayak. Winds earlier at the Port Maitland weather buoy showed 77KPH winds earlier this AM. At 1 AM I'm out there like an idiot chasing patio furniture and got soaked after 2 minutes. Never did get back to sleep wondering which tree was going to come through the roof of this shack. Welcome Fall Windster Olympics.

Be careful my friend.