Port Hope "blitz".

farsider

I saw so many people keeping foul hooked fish at port hope. I asked a MNR officer who was watching the action what was the rule on keeping a fish that's been hooked foul. The lady said "if the anger isn't intentionally trying to snag fish then its fine and they can keep it.

I never heard that one before.

I think she just didn't want to go down to river and enforce the rules.

:wallbash:

The lady said "if the anger isn't intentionally trying to snag fish then its fine and they can keep it.

I never heard that one before.

I think she just didn't want to go down to river and enforce the rules.

:wallbash:

When did enforcement officers become judges?

If the fish ifs fouled hooked it's fouled hooked; lay the charge and let a judge sort it out.

Dan.

If the fish ifs fouled hooked it's fouled hooked; lay the charge and let a judge sort it out.

Dan.

I they just close it off to the mouth, the charges would be very easy to stick. Your not suppose to be here, so you are in violation.

SIMPLE

Edit to add

Yes, foul hooked, is fouled hooked.

RELEASE

Edited by Misfish

Dan.

A fish caught other than the mouth by accident is a federal offence and must be tried in court with rapist and murderers and when the mnrf go to court the judge says are you kidding me courts time is short

We complain when violent criminals are offered sweet deals to lighten the Courts case loads and we complain when not all fishing and hunting offences are not perused by the Crown. I would bet my bottom dollar that if someone is ticketed for a minor violation and that person chooses to go to Court that ticket will disappear really fast because the Crown won't waste valuable Court time for foul hooking a fish. I bet that more than a few assistant or even CA's don't know what foul hooked even means.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

A fish caught other than the mouth by accident is a federal offence and must be tried in court with rapist and murderers and when the mnrf go to court the judge says are you kidding me courts time is short

If a CO has the attitude, its going to get tossed out of court anyway, why bother; is my point. They and any other enforcement officer are there to enforce the regulations and the laws, set out by the courts; they are not there to enforce their opinion.

So lay the charges to the full extent and then let the courts sort it. If the charges get thrown out, so be it. If the courts think these charges are so frivolous; change the laws. In the mean time the MNR, Police, MTO or whatever enforcement agency officers have to do their job the way the regulations are written.

Dan.