Port Severn Accommadation suggestions.

Old Ironmaker

A lifelong pal and I want to revisit our youth and spend a night or two fishing Port Severn area in the next few weeks. A Motel/Hotel recommendation is appreciated. A Marina where I can leave the boat in and stay would be perfect. Done are the days we would drive up in the dark and drive back in the dark to Hamilton.

Any heads up is much appreciated.

Johnny D

Hmmm, good question GL. The last time I was there was 82' so won't remember where we fished anyway, will all be new. I'll check Rawley out thanks.

LOL 82

We use to stay at the camp ground at the small dam near the locks back then. It,s long gone. I remember many motels along the hwy. All are gone or in shambles. Just last week I took a drive up to Port Loring. It was like the old world never existed. New hwy for the faster commute.

At least we have the memories eh.

Above or below the lock John? Rawley Resort is just above the lock and has a marina on both sides.

Rawley is on Little Lake which is connected to Gloucestor Pool. I was assuming the OP wanted somewhere closer to Severn Bridge.

Musky's is convenient, right off the highway, decent launch. It's more of a roadside motel, so you'll be hearing the 400. Stayed there 3 or 4 years ago for $99 a night with boat rental which to us was a deal. There was (when I was there) a few BBQs you can use. FYI if you rent a boat they want you back well before sundown (during prime-time low light hours - got a good reaming by management for coming back at dusk lol).

Reef

Above or below the lock John? Rawley Resort is just above the lock and has a marina on both sides.

Man that place sure is "The fits a class place" kind of establishment. "Befits a class establishment" that is translated to Hamiltonian. If my wife knew I stayed there for a night or two fishing I would have to take her back to The Harbor Beach Marriot in Lauderdale, $450.00 USD per night!!!! I got them down to 300.

I'm looking at something more like a Motel 6 but thanks anyway Grimsby.

I am going to check out Musky's ReefRunner, more my speed for a fishing trip.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

http://muskeys.ca/

Their rates are posted.

We had a tough fish there (late September) but mind you were targeting ski's all day so it's always a tough fish lol. Had a good rip trolling jakes close to weedbeds but came off soon after the initial bite.

Eyes (fewer numbers in recent years) and decent smallies love current, without divulging too much info (specific spots). Live leaches do well there. I'm sure you gents can figure it out.

Best of luck!

Thank you for each and every reply.

We are planning on booking musky's for a night. The desk clerk said we can book for more if we wish. $15.00 a day for a slip including launching, that is a very good price and a nice room is on for $79.00 a night mid October. Those are fantastic prices. The 4 of us stayed in a nice new trailer at Otter Creek Marina this summer in Port Burwell, 100 a night plus tax per person not including slips! Not cheap, nice but not cheap. Bonus was we limited out on nice Pics every time we went out. It was the first time we had to cull Walleye on Erie everyday. We actually had to had a fry up before we could go back out on the lake more than once. HoooRaahh!!

Not related but I have to report we went out for Smallies here and lost count at 2 limits. The largest was 23", buddy says 6 lbs. because he caught it I say a bit over 4 maybe, forgot I had a scale in my boat. All came out of 25 to 30 feet of water. Dropshot live shiners. Pumpkin Seed tubes as well as just trolling with Black and Silver floating Rappala's with snap on weight. They were hungry today. All went back, had we got a few Silvers or Greenies I would have kept a few for tonight.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

The weathers been fantastic...maybe too good but it brought along the calm winds that are unusual for October on Erie. Glad you had a good day and sorry about the Rawley thing...it appears they did a massive renovation since I was there last and want it paid off quick!