Anyone got the scoop on what happen at Thornbury????

misfish

Got to talk to a young fella today on the river. Seems yes, the ladder was the issue. Many anglers dropped their gear to get as many fish back into the river. They had the ladder working again by 10 pm .There were some that did not make it sadly.

Have not been up in those parts for quite awhile now but did spend many days fishing that part of the river in my younger days .

One thing that caught my eye right away was that the dam is controlled by what looks like an airbag system that I have never seen

before . Back in the day that dams water level was controlled by stop logs which would not fail in a circumstance like this . Wonder

why they went to this new system . Stop logs are definitely more labour intensive so that's probably the reason $$$

Real shame , that will cause some issues with silt/mud in the river from the dam out to the bay.

Have not been up in those parts for quite awhile now but did spend many days fishing that part of the river in my younger days .

One thing that caught my eye right away was that the dam is controlled by what looks like an airbag system that I have never seen

before . Back in the day that dams water level was controlled by stop logs which would not fail in a circumstance like this . Wonder

why they went to this new system . Stop logs are definitely more labour intensive so that's probably the reason $$$

Real shame , that will cause some issues with silt/mud in the river from the dam out to the bay.

Those are warning line float barriers. Keep away.

Yah , I know what the float barriers are but what looks different is the workings of the actual dam that controls the water levels.

At some point not too long ago the dams water level was controlled by stop logs . Now it looks like a big airbag or something.

It is definitely not a stop log operation anymore or this would not of happened .

"Many an hour's sweet happiness I spent in that neat little town."

Used to fish there all the time in the 80s, and in fact wrote an article about fishing steelhead there with Michigan wigglers.

I agree that spring run-off should flush the silt out to the lake, but the fall fishing might be tough.......

Doug

"Many an hour's sweet happiness I spent in that neat little town."

Used to fish there all the time in the 80s, and in fact wrote an article about fishing steelhead there with Michigan wigglers.

I agree that spring run-off should flush the silt out to the lake, but the fall fishing might be tough.......

Doug

Some of us still do Doug. :Gonefishing:

I got a fly tying kit now and they are on my list of things to make.

Certainly this is sad to most all fishermen (persons), most folks couldn't care less with all the humans lost to earthquakes, hurricanes and nut cases in the last month.

No political talk about Donald, Johnny. :tease:

Edited by Misfish