Our flight out from my fishing trip last week, video

chris.brock

I have some time in when I was a kid taking flying lessons at Mount Hope.Most of the runways were dead straight, actually all of them where. Those bush Pilots are real Cowboys that know how to. "Runway? I don't need no stinkin' runway!" Wowza!

I can hear the Pilot saying to himself "Scotty we need more power!"

i thought it is against the law to just fly that close to the ground

I'm pretty sure it is. The ceiling was low, but not that low, he was just screwing around.

To be honest I wasn't in the mood for it. I was burnt out and I just wanted to get home to my family. We saw lots of bald and golden eagles up there. I was worried about hitting one or spooking up a bunch of geese or ducks and hitting them.

Reminded me of a return from Hearst to Moose Factory. Friend and pilot John flew us nearly the whole stretch low over the Missinaibi and Moose Rivers. Hell's Gate, ThunderHouse, Moose River Crossing, etc., it was a joy to see those places up close and personal without a week long canoe trip attached.

Wow that is crazy Chris have been on quite a few fly ins and that would not sit very well with me Flying at that altitude, if i remember correctly on my first ever fly in out of Nakina i had all kinds of questions for the pilot as it was my first time in a float plane and i was in the the co pilot seat, we had a very low ceiling that morning and i had asked him if we would be flying below the low cloud cover, he said yes we are going to give her a go and he said as long as we are flying no lower than 500 ft all will be good so I am assuming that was the lowest altitude they were allowed to fly.

Cheers Mitch