Nf..anyone Ride Snowmobiles Here?

carll2

just starting to snowmobile this season, Yamaha all the way!!! vectorGT my father is on a Venture RS, both wicked machines

hopefully the snow starts falling soon, im itchin to take out the sled

Image_004_.jpg

march11simcoe_013.jpg

Edited by woodro

The first couple of years when I bought my sled, I did some trail riding. It was and still is a hoot. We would do trips from North Bay to Eaganville, to ShiningTree, to Timmins, to Sudbury and then back to North Bay. Roughly 300 miles a day. It was great, especially if you had the right group of guys. We found 4 people to be the right amount on a trip like this.

Other trips included, Spring Brook to Renfrew, Carling Place, Dorset and back. Day trips were alright too but I enjoyed the 4 - 5 day trips more.

Oh my machine? It was and still is a 99 Arctic Cat Panther 550 LC. (Sofa on a track).

DSCF0014.jpg

wow nice rides guys..good to see some fellow snowmobilers. i mainly use my for trail riding il do 400kms a day sleep somewhere and come back,its pretty cool the trail passes in my backyard and is groomed every 2 days. why not make an OFC snowmobiler get togther in quebec? would be awesome..well heres my machine...too fast for me lol

Picture008.jpg

and heres my snowmobiling crew.. should add another 3 new member s this year

Picture010.jpg

Edited by carll2

Nice machine Carl,

My brother has a Viper and his wife has the X Edge. Both of them are nice rides. Although, the Viper is a nicer stable machine. The Polaris has the M 10 suspension, but it makes it too loose on the tight trails.

A few years back, we were on one of the main trunk trails North of Gogama. Trail was 6 lanes wide, flat and straight as far as the eye could see. About a mile down the trail, my brother taps out....(smoke break). As we light up a smoke and yammering, (4 of us), I open up my tank bag and grab my electrical tape out. I take the tape and wrap the throttle to the bar. One of the guys asks what the he77 I'm doing? I told him "Poor mans cruise control, we havn't left the pin yet!". Only did it for show, didn't really leave it on there. Some fun rides we've been on I tell ya.

thats awesome.. i love the viper..i would prefer it over mine for the better suspension. my srx has nooooo suspension,on bumpy trails my back hurts after a couple hours of riding. i think maybe next year il have to make an upgrade.. how much do you guys pay your trail passes?

hey Ron

next time you ride up shiningtree way, you need to stop and fish one of the lakes you run over on the transcanada trail..it has big good walleye

hard to get too in the summer and all those sleds go blasting over it in the winter....I have a map

You guys have all got it waaaaaaay too soft today with all your fancy suspension and hand/thumb warmers :lol:

But I wish we had it back in the day :blush:

I had to give up riding about 15 years ago because of a medical thingy, but before that, a bunch of us spent alot of incredible winters cruising all the trails between Peterboro-Bancroft-Haliburton and anywhere else we could find.

We all started off with old junkers about 25 odd years ago, but eventually we were all riding beautiful machines, but I often think we had the most fun on the old clunkers. They weren't very fast and certainly weren't at all comfortable........practically no suspension under the hard seats and I don't think hand/thumb warmers had been invented yet, but when you don't know the difference, you don't miss it.

Lotsa good memories with this thread !! :rolleyes:

This is me on my old Ski-Doo Silver Bullet about 25 years back

Nov3005.jpg

My buddy Dave on his old Suzuki

Nov3002.jpg

My other bud Ron on his Yamaha

Nov3003.jpg

Group shot before a ride.......checkout the old Evinrude on the left

Nov3004-1.jpg

Ahhhhhhh yes, the good ole days.......I often think things were more fun back in the day, before all the rules and regs came into effect and the trails weren't as crowded as the 401 at rush hour ;)

Your right Lew, those were the days!

I rember buying my first used snowmobile, a 69 Olympic! you remember teh one with the big bubble shroud.

Well, I was so excited to buy this thing, I pulled it out of the back of my Subaru Brat and off I went, down the trails. Had a great time! Once I started getting cold, I figured I might better turn back, only to find my brother inlaw following me with my truck. THe funny part, both of us were smilling ear to ear!