Before I open it up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ABU BAITCASTER

misfish

So before I open this thing up, will parts spring out on me ?

Yesterday I was casting with no issues then all of a sudden, I had a birds nest that was not coming out. It just free spooled on a cast. So I want to see if I can repair it myself. Maybe just needs a cleaning and maybe new washers, if there are any.

85QXI0e.jpg

C6uMUvd.jpg?1

Those with the know how, please help.

Thanks

B

So before I open this thing up, will parts spring out on me ?

No parts will spring out, it looks very much like my old 1980 vintage 6500. I have a spare spool for mine, I would run 14 XT on it for Salmon/Trout rigging and also had a spare spool loaded with heavy dacron for Muskie back then. Just take a dime and remove the screws with the coin size slots, the end comes off, dump out the spool and slip the other one in and put the end back on. Really wasn't any more difficult than changing a spinning reel.

Edited by dave524

A camera is your best friend take pictures before you go any deeper into the side panels. Note where the springs are before you undo internal screws. You can also down load the exploded diagrams from the website to see how they go back together.

Art

A camera is your best friend take pictures before you go any deeper into the side panels. Note where the springs are before you undo internal screws. You can also down load the exploded diagrams from the website to see how they go back together.

Art

Oh I know all about using a camera for repairs Art. I use it at work all the time. Sometimes the little things can slip the memory. Thanks guys.

I thought Rockys changed hands? If sending it out I'd be contacting Ryan L (I'm brainfarting on his OFC name at the moment)

No, it is well and good. Still a family owned company.

His Grandson Tyler, is the leader now.

Rocky's Tackle Service

3 Royce Ave

Orillia, On, L3V 5H1

705 325 3528

Warranty and Repair Center for;

Pure Fishing Products - Abu Garcia - Pflueger - Penn - Shakespear - Johnson.

Rapala

Eskimo

Scotty

Okuma

Edited by Misfish