Brown and Rainbows

Fish frames

If you enjoy solitude, oak or Burt aren't for you. Archers hole during peak of the run has more fly fishermen per yard of river than nearly anywhere I've ever seen, then you add in the float guys. Interesting, but numbers aren't what they were when we where going in the 90's and the only float fishermen you'd see then where occasional Canadians that knew about the fishing. Same as the Catt, just not what it used to be, and piles of guys who've actually clued in somewhat on how to fish.

If you enjoy solitude, oak or Burt aren't for you. Archers hole during peak of the run has more fly fishermen per yard of river than nearly anywhere I've ever seen, then you add in the float guys. Interesting, but numbers aren't what they were when we where going in the 90's and the only float fishermen you'd see then where occasional Canadians that knew about the fishing. Same as the Catt, just not what it used to be, and piles of guys who've actually clued in somewhat on how to fish.

I never fish that high up. I'm usually all by myself (At Oak at least). I could go to Burt, not wet a line and be entertained the entire day :) I haven't fished the Catt since the lead ban went in on the res. Although the Zoar is awesome, maybe I'll get back there this year.

Edited by BillM

I was going to the Salmon and fishing to the Oak in the middle 80's before float reels took off and the locals thought we had 2 heads.

Took my 13 premier Loomis into tackle store downtown Pulski and explained how I caught 20 bows that morning. A drift boat guide was listening in and said it wouldn't work for him. I immedaitly negotiated a short drift trip next morning from 1st parking above iron bridge to one below. My 13 was a little cumbersome in drift boat.A 9-5 would have been great , he couldn't believe I popped 15 on float and bag and the areas I was getting them. I couldn't believe the great position he could keep me in.

Don't know if he every did anything with it. Pulaski has sure changed sense then.

• 1 month later...

Was recently speaking with Jim from center pin angling and also had the same experiences. Man how cool is that to hammer them on something so alien - before internet, YouTube and all the other social media. You had to put in the work and grind if you wanted it bad enough. ? thanks for sharing.