Tesla Pickup truck

huzzsaba

Maybe the time has come (again) for a pick up with an incredibly tiny bed. Think Subaru Baja. Seriously, take a look at 99 percent of the trucks on the road that aren't in commercial use and they have jack squat in the bed, haven't had anything in the back all month and won't next month either. For what's it's worth I don't think that things that ugly, stick a hemi in it and a dodge badge on it and the same folks who are rediculing it would be drooling over it.

Maybe the time has come (again) for a pick up with an incredibly tiny bed. Think Subaru Baja. Seriously, take a look at 99 percent of the trucks on the road that aren't in commercial use and they have jack squat in the bed, haven't had anything in the back all month and won't next month either. For what's it's worth I don't think that things that ugly, stick a hemi in it and a dodge badge on it and the same folks who are rediculing it would be drooling over it.

Ummmm no, I disagree

Yup

I keep my toon and flip ice hut in the back, Works for me, and like the DODGE idea Weeds. :D:good:

You have that right Weeds other than the all show and no go Dodge thing. When my truck was brand new I didn't want to put a 2X4 in it, might scratch the bed liner. If we didn't live where we have brutal lake effect snow storms and I didn't have a 20 foot boat to pull I would be in a 40 MPG Fiat 500. When we do move back to decivilization and when I eventually give away or sell my wife's boat we are getting Vespa's that get something like .5 litters per 100K .

Edited by Old Ironmaker

You have that right Weeds other than the all show and no go Dodge thing. When my truck was brand new I didn't want to put a 2X4 in it, might scratch the bed liner. If we didn't live where we have brutal lake effect snow storms and I didn't have a 20 foot boat to pull I would be in a 40 MPG Fiat 500. When we do move back to decivilization and when I eventually give away or sell my wife's boat we are getting Vespa's that get something like .5 litters per 100K .

I'll reserve my spot for the free boat ?

Interesting stuff. Some European countries already have dates for a total ban on petrol and diesel vehicles, most notably Norway who's ambitious plan is to ban all new sales of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2025, ambitious but feasible. UK, Netherlands, Germany, France all have bans set from 2030-2050.

It would appear that there is now a political will to change things, and so it is more likely to happen in my opinion. I have a truck that is in its twighliight years, and am thinking about getting an electric 4x4 for my next one as the writing is on the wall i feel.

Does anyone else see towing a 200 plus horse power gas guzzling bass boat with an electric pickup just a little strange :sarcasm: Wonder what towing does to the range ? better hope for plug ins at the launch so you can get home and what about remote destinations ?.... look for a current bush :ninja:

There would have to be a lot of infrastructure put in and/or the range on these things improved greatly before they are feasible in a country as big as ours. It's one thing for city dwellers commuting to work and getting groceries but completely different in a long distance runner 4x4.

I like the idea on paper but in practise I think we are a long ways off. Norway is I am guessing a fraction the size of ontario