Caledonia By Pass closed/warning to travelers

Old Ironmaker

This no way is a political thread, a warning to those traveling through or around Caledonia. I just talked to my wife and traffic is at a standstill on Argyl St. many miles long from Caledonia to Hamilton. A group had Argyle St. blocked by a Hydro tower for the last few weeks as a protest over issues concerning a property miles away in Brantford. They took the blockage away there and have blocked the Caledonia bypass to Port Dover today. Now they are attempting to close Argyle St as well. Avoid Caledonia at all costs.

Enuff said before I get booted out. PM me if you wish so I can vent. My wife worked the holiday today and now she can't get home..... My head is about to explode. That's it we're moving before next spring. Anyone want to buy a little place on the lake? Great fishing, multi million dollar views, sandy beach, huge bathroom to put on your makeup, .265 acre waterfront and much more, comes with boat!! The only problem is you can't get here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I wouldn't want to be in an ambulance trying to get to the hospital here or in Hamilton. This idiocy has to stop, now. I am away tomorrow but Wednesday a trip to our friend Dianne Findlay's office in Simcoe is on my to do list. Barrett can't do a thing about it in Queens Park. Balance of post deleted Arthur. It felt good though.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

But you guys go buy gas there! what if you're empty, can you get by?

WHy is gas so much cheaper on the Rez? It's refined in Texas.

It's refined locally in Nanticoke. I won't boycott them, 99.9999999% are good people. I know all the back ways. Anyone that want's to pay 20% or more for fuel has that right as do I have the right to buy out there.

Balance of post deleted, but it sure felt good.

But you guys go buy gas there! what if you're empty, can you get by?

WHy is gas so much cheaper on the Rez? It's refined in Texas.

It's funny, if they just moved the barricade up a few hundred meters, sixth line would be accessible and the local businesses would be largely unaffected.

Hopefully with this move it shakes some limbs somewhere to get it taken care of

Edited by Lucas F

It's refined locally in Nanticoke. I won't boycott them, 99.9999999% are good people. I know all the back ways. Anyone that want's to pay 20% or more for fuel has that right as do I have the right to buy out there.Balance of post deleted, but it sure felt good.

SO why can't we get that price. Who owns the refinery? I see this going on for years like Iperwash.When I did an article on Provincial Parks we had to mention that Iperwash was "temporarily closed" now no longer open!

It's up to the people of Caledonia to fix this because the government and police won't help.. If I lived there I would encourage a blockade of sixth line.. "Mr. Hill" is the only reason that it moved down the road.. He has a lot of influence and would have at least one blockade gone just by saying the word..

It's up to the people of Caledonia to fix this because the government and police won't help.. If I lived there I would encourage a blockade of sixth line.. "Mr. Hill" is the only reason that it moved down the road.. He has a lot of influence and would have at least one blockade gone just by saying the word..

SO this is about who knows who, and not what is best for everyone? Mr. Hill should come down, we all end up in the same place after 80 or so.

SO why can't we get that price. Who owns the refinery?

Because if you purchased it from the refinery you would be paying tax on it. Every company that the gas goes through pays some tax, unless they are able to avoid it through special regulations (native status and sold on the reservation).

I had a native shoot towards me and had a arrow drop 20 feet into water he was bow fishing at ganny I called 911 and said I was in danger they told me to

Leave as he had more right to be there then me

Totally separate issue. This is not about land claims, this is not about native rights. It's about who is the legitimate government on the reservation, and Caledonia is being held hostage by one group as a way to show their legitimacy.

Edited by Tom S

Word in Caledonia is that there is a huge rift in native communities over the blockade. The OPP stopped a group on 6th line that was headed towards it with the intent of clearing it themselves..

Exactly, they are infighting amongst themselves, so why take it out on us 25 miles from the disputed farm.

At least someone had enough corleonnes in Queens Park to give the O.P.P the OK to take the barricade down which was only 3 pallets of something and an ATV or 2. #6 is still closed because they were throwing rocks etc. off the railway bridge.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Exactly, they are infighting amongst themselves, so why take it out on us 25 miles from the disputed farm.

At least someone had enough corleonnes in Queens Park to give the O.P.P the OK to take the barricade down which was only 3 pallets of something and an ATV or 2. #6 is still closed because they were throwing rocks etc. off the railway bridge.

where is Mike Harris when you need him ?? Peeair and Jean the Cretin had the right idea http://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1100100010189/1100100010191, junior needs to grow a set.