Beginning of the end

BFSC Kevin

Labor day weekend is upon us. This marks the end of the summer and time to pack away the trolling gear. Some of it will come back out in a couple months for walleye when the action really heats up in Quinte.

The salmon action I heard was spectacular this year on Lake O. Guys were hammering them out there all day, everyday. I was only able to get out a few times this summer and although it wasn't the smashing success everyone had, I didn't fare too poorly either. The launch I normally use is Bluffers but due to the construction and high water levels, it was shut down this year. I had to use an alternative, so off to Ashbridges. I didn't fancy the idea of battling it out with crowds and the limited parking, so I think that was my major deterrent this year.

Here was a small video of one of those days on the water this year. We did end up with a double digit day, most the fish coming off of the dipsey divers, about 150 ft back. I stuck around the Spits/Bluffs area.

A few pics to show from the outings. Some inspired by MJL's great shots :worthy:

So as the summer ends, this also means a new opportunity. This is the time when the salmon fishing out on the main lake slows down as the fish stage and move into the river systems to do their thing. This was my first time really trying to cast spoons and cranks for kings in the mouths of rivers. I hear of people and friends going every year, to the piers chucking for them. So this was the year, I tried it, but from my boat. Just out of casting distance from the shore anglers. Parked myself out in 20-30 FOW and went at it. Fish were surfacing everywhere. We were bound to hook up, right?

Still some time left for catching Kings out in the lake before they all shoot up the rivers.

Thanks for looking.

Kevin

• 1 year later...