Gas prices

ketchenany

Stacks out the back was factory with the late 70's Dodge L'il Red Truck, young fellow at work bought one, had it all of a couple of months till it ended up on the Rez as a burned out shell. He wasn't a Newf either :tease:

https://www.google.ca/search?biw=1366&bih=638&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=lil+red+truck&oq=lil+red+truck&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.82889.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0.t2Hg3NqfVto

A guy in Fisherville has one that's mint with original paint. I thought they were called "Little Red Wagon."

So now they say gas prices are dropping due to they are making WINTER gas. OK

Someone explain this to me.

Winter gas - summer gas is all the same its the additives that's added when the tanker picks it up at the depot that makes it winter.

Edited by gaspumper

So now they say gas prices are dropping due to they are making WINTER gas. OK

Someone explain this to me.

Winter gas evaperates quicker than summer gas; so it works better in colder temperatures. I am not sure if it is much cheaper to make though.

Edited by JohnBacon

• 1 month later...

Ours went from $1.139 last week to $1.269 earlier this week and it's down to $1.219 today.

Probably be back to normal next week. ;)

I'm surprised it's that cheap up your way to be honest.

13 or so years ago when gas was around $.85 I was paying $1.89 ish in ear falls and that hardly far up north

I'm surprised it's that cheap up your way to be honest.

13 or so years ago when gas was around $.85 I was paying $1.89 ish in ear falls and that hardly far up north

Yeah, it's really not that bad.

It has been @ $1.139 for several years with the occasional rise and lower like this.

The last time I drove to Ontario @ Christmas a few years ago it was 1.13 here and way more in Northern Ontario.

At the time it was more than that in Southern Ontario.

$120.9 in Cayuga yesterday and I saw $1.22.9 west of St. Catherines. St. Kitts is usually less so I waited until we got there to find $123.00. It felt like I was in High School again because I put in 15 bucks worth in Dunnville, enough to get to the Rez today. I don't know if filling there is right, I don't know if it is wrong, I don't know if it's even legal or not, what I do know is that it's 13 cents less.

You'd hand it to me in the 1/4 mile for sure.  Diesels don't make the best 1/4 racers with the gearing they've got.   BTW, the GN is one of my all time fav cars.  I remember seeing those cars as a kid and just drooling.   

With my current tune I've pretty much maxed out fuel and the turbos (33psi at WOT).   As you know the more power you want the more expensive it gets, lol.    Methanol is next and will give me another nice bump in hp.

Got any pics of that GN?

$120.9 in Cayuga yesterday and I saw $1.22.9 west of St. Catherines. St. Kitts is usually less so I waited until we got there to find $123.00. It felt like I was in High School again because I put in 15 bucks worth in Dunnville, enough to get to the Rez today. I don't know if filling there is right, I don't know if it is wrong, I don't know if it's even legal or not, what I do know is that it's 13 cents less.

My nephew just received a fine ($200.00 I think?) for having res smokes; in his possession. He was stopped just as he came off the res. They wrote him a ticket, confiscated the smokes and impounded his car.

He's now waiting on whether there's another $350.00 fine coming his way. This will be after they determine whether there is colored fuel in the sample; which there is.

Not sure what-else he's in store for, by the time this plays out?

Expensive cheap smokes and gas.

Here's a link describing colored fuel.

https://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/bulletins/ft/1_2001.html

Not sure if the rules have changed for farming; but when we were on the farm (30 years ago), dad was eligible for Ontario tax free fuel. It was colored an orange-ish/red and was only supposed to be used in farm equipment.

Yeah right you try telling an old Belgian, he can't use any of that 1000 gallons of gas in his car; it doesn't happen. LOL

Dan.

My nephew just received a fine ($200.00 I think?) for having res smokes; in his possession. He was stopped just as he came off the res. They wrote him a ticket, confiscated the smokes and impounded his car.

He's now waiting on whether there's another $350.00 fine coming his way. This will be after they determine whether there is colored fuel in the sample; which there is.

Not sure what-else he's in store for, by the time this plays out?

Expensive cheap smokes and gas.

Here's a link describing colored fuel.

https://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/bulletins/ft/1_2001.html

Not sure if the rules have changed for farming; but when we were on the farm (30 years ago), dad was eligible for Ontario tax free fuel. It was colored an orange-ish/red and was only supposed to be used in farm equipment.

Yeah right you try telling an old Belgian, he can't use any of that 1000 gallons of gas in his car; it doesn't happen. LOL

Dan.

The gasoline sold at the pumps on the reservation (at least on Six Nations anyway) is not coloured, some of the diesel is but the gasoline is fine. The smokes are another story.....

Edited by G.mech

Im sure there are good reasons for it to yo-yo

There aren't!!!

Just trying to make some extra $$$$ of'n y'all.

Our fuel prices stay pretty much the same for years with just the very odd change up and then back down.

This happens at most once a year.

Ontario fuel pricing is a complete ripoff and if you don't think the oil companies are colluding down there I have some sweet swamp land in Florida for sale!!!! :tease::tease::tease:

Some good motivation to quit smoking there...res smokes yikes enjoy...

attachicon.giff68527c88e47de5aa07042d8165cfd2d--health-remedies-home-remedies.jpg

Isn't that the truth, I am trying believe me. I buy Rez cigarettes now because they are so bad I don't inhale them believe it or not. I was tested for I.Q. a few times and was told I tested a tad higher than a average person. Stupidity is passed down n the ene pool, so stupidity isn't one fault, however a person with a semblance of intelligence that does stupid things is just plain ignorant.

I have read in our weekly rag of a few people pulled over on Hwy. 6 for a traffic stop and Rez. smokes were in plain site. They were charged. I have never heard of charges for getting gas. I saw an OPP cruiser filling up on the New Credit Reserve in Hagersville about 20 years back.

Edited by Old Ironmaker