Gas prices

ketchenany

I have read the Cap-And-Trade report that was produced two years ago (80+ pages) and the only thing it will is raise is the cost of living for all of us. I had to read it to get paid, long story.

Polluters have to buy credits (tax) to emit, so they pass the cost onto others and when it come to it we pay for it.

There is no free ride, government greed!

Coming soon I'm getting a (Study) fancy energy

thermostat with new pricing options where I live at a cost of 320 mil or so. What does FREE mean.

The study will only produce results to say we are not paying enough!

Check you bills, as it gone down 25%.

so......you're trying to tell me all those refineries in Sarnia aren't operating, imperial oil, Esso, Sunoco and shell, that are producing over 200,000 barrels per day are not operational.........someone should those workers to go home then

Calgary and Edmonton as well. This is part of my point. We can easily refine ourselves(in Canada)

BUT...

Just like lumber, we produce it send it State side and buy back at an inflated cost.

"Free trade" was the worst possible deal for Canada which has EVERYTHING NEEDED TO BE SELF SUSTAINING and then profit later from world wide sales of production

I just happily fill up with my company has card ?

Although good news for us in Caledonia, apparently the blockade the natives have set up on argyle may be moving because it's hurting their local business (gas stations convenience stores etc) and typically the gas stations on the reserve is 10 cents cheaper/liter

Calgary and Edmonton as well. This is part of my point. We can easily refine ourselves(in Canada)

BUT...

Just like lumber, we produce it send it State side and buy back at an inflated cost.

"Free trade" was the worst possible deal for Canada which has EVERYTHING NEEDED TO BE SELF SUSTAINING and then profit later from world wide sales of production

But it would seem that Eastern Canada would prefer to buy their crude from anywhere but Western Canada. If we refined what we produced this type of raping wouldn't happen. BTW the last I checked gas was still cheaper in Houston at ground zero than anywhere in Canada.

Edited by 67ZL1

But it would seem that Eastern Canada would prefer to buy their crude from anywhere but Western Canada. If we refined what we produced this type of raping wouldn't happen. BTW the last I checked gas was still cheaper in Houston at ground zero than anywhere in Canada.

Yep. Makes zero sense.

Nafta bent us over with no Vaseline (petroleum based product lol).

It'll never happen in today's state of politics/affairs/industry and special interest groups

But Canada could quite literally be the world's richest country with the lowest amount of unemployment and the highest pay per hour if we had played our cards right(we have second world military so obviously we get bullied into bullcrap deals) no disrespect to our soldiers which are indeed world class

According to the powers that own our politicians the price increase in Canada is to protect us from shortages that would be caused by thousands of profiteering Yankees coming north in their oil tankers and buying gas at lower prices and then heading south to sell it there. That would cause potential shortages here in the future. So BIG oil who loves and protects us Canadian consumers has RAISED prices immediately to protect us from that happening..... Gee thanks

We are so conditioned to believe stupidity with respect to gas, insurance, cell phone data and taxes, so the lies, fly and we in Canada buy all of them at inflated prices.

That no one in power dares to question..... Why, when as EVERYONE, who add and subtract has pointed out in this threat, that any price we see for GAS is far cheaper currently in the US of A, would a trucker come north pay more to sell it for less there, is believable. Makes the LIE they are using to PROFITEER on the storm all the crueler. Yet the oil execs will get away with it, and earn huge bonuses for doing it. If they were small store owners in the area of Texas doing the same with their inventory, they would be publicly shamed, possible beaten and perhaps even jailed....

Edited by Canuck2fan

What oil company is the biggest price raising, gouging money thief of them all.

I need to buy some shares.

ESSO (Every Sucker Stops Once)

Well the 215K I knew I was going to put on yesterday and today I reset my gauges in the new Cruze. Turns out that 215K I was using 5.5L/100K. The car's got 5800K on it now with a life time avg 6.4L/100K so I'm lucky there and yeah it's gas and I use the turbo and run the AC.

I had to get 20 bucks of gas to get me to the Rez today at a small variety store in town. Only had premium, $1.49 a liter, what an idiot I am. Rez is $1.15. Anyone want to buy a nice 4X4?

Yikes. On 80 liters I saved $16 going to the res last night, pioneer in town was 130 and I filled up at 109

I took all my gas cans and filled them up at 99 cents a litre the day before it was supposed to be going up 5 cents because I knew that little increase was too good to be true. It's 30 cents higher and I still have 75 litres left. People complain about the price of gas but still go to Esso and pay 10 to 15 cents more than it costs at Costco or Pioneer. I save a couple of hundred dollars a year just planning my shopping and gas stops.. Better in my pocket than in the big oil companies ..

​The gas price Olympics of Ontario I do not miss!!! :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

Up here in de Nord they keep the prices stable for some reason.

Current price is $1.139 which it's been for quite some time now.

Had a 2 cent jump a few weeks ago for a couple of days for some reason but then went back to where it was.

I'm wondering how/if the renegotiation of NAFTA will affect future prices. Canada is bound by NAFTA to supply the US with crude at a price lower than world markets.

I wonder how Uncle Donnie is going to react if the Canadian government has the testicles to re-jig that tid bit and use it as leverage with respect to things like softwood lumber and such.

HH