Gas prices

ketchenany

It sounds like many are waiting until they come up with a vehicle that doesn't burn fuel.(electric) I doubt anything will change, because greed is greed and it doesn't matter what the product is. Everyone will use supply and demand to explain costs, so the cost of electricity will go up even more when more electrical vehicles hit the road. We're like cattle being lead to slaughter.

I went out yesterday and topped up my Honda CRV, Honda Civic, Silverado and my bassboat!! LOL I'm part of the PROBLEM!!! hahahaha Should have drove the John Deere lawn tractor to the gas station too!

I don't care what people say, gas pricing is legalized exploitation. I NEED to go fishing therefore I NEED to buy gas. lol

Just for the record - it was Bill Clinton that signed the NAFTA - not Reagan - also be glad that you can get gas - there was a time in the 70s when you couldn't get gas at any price - I see people buying bottled water at a price higher than gas and just think how easy it is to bottle water than it is to make gas - when the price of gas is high don't ride around as much

#2 sir

It would be true if we didn't have HUGE surpluses of gas/oil worldwide

Once you work with the consultants you'll hear all about how OPEC operates.

It's called financial conditioning in the oil industry

Are you talking about supluses of oil in the ground; crude in storage/transit; or refined gasoline?

Taking refineries in North America off-line most certainly will affect the supply of refined gasoline in North America. It doesn't matter how much excess crude OPEC (who have nothing to do with this increase) have access to around the world; if you take North American refineries off-line then you will reduce the supply of refined gasoline in North America.

It sounds like many are waiting until they come up with a vehicle that doesn't burn fuel.(electric) I doubt anything will change, because greed is greed and it doesn't matter what the product is. Everyone will use supply and demand to explain costs, so the cost of electricity will go up even more when more electrical vehicles hit the road. We're like cattle being lead to slaughter.

Exactly jimmer,if anyone thinks electric vehicles will be less expensive to operate is woefully naïve.

Exactly jimmer,if anyone thinks electric vehicles will be less expensive to operate is woefully naïve.

Yeah, they are getting a free ride right now (subsidized purchase price and no gas taxes) and still cost more than a gas vehicle. If electric vehicles become popular, the government will have to find an alternative source of revenue to replace the taxes that they currently collect from gasoline sales.

JB you are correct. I'm now in a "study" area where they will study electricity pricing! Drop it here and raise it there FREE thermastats, another ton of $$$$. So they said it will drop 25%, it hasn't yet. I wrote the Minister of energy, my MPP and Whiinie and by the time this study is finished we will probably be paying more I don't old them. NO answer as usual.

SInce gas prices are going up why don't they reduce the taxes to help us out?

Gas in Lindsay was between 116.9 to 126.9 and the radio says going to be around 133.9 in the morning. What a rip off!! Did all the stations holding tanks go up in price even if it was already filled a day two before? This is a freaking cash grab and it's a piss off!. :(

Edited by GBW

Its called the biggest freakin scam going if you ask me!

Went from $1.04 to $126.4....how is that even legal?

This country is doomed.

S.

Yup. Biggest scam out there. Look at the price per barrel, why are we paying the prices we are at the pumps? Makes zero sense.

I'm glad I drive a diesel and get great mileage, but still. Perhaps a few protests and burnt cars would do the trick?

.98 In Angus today Bill.

I stood back and listen to a local shout, your a %^%#^ crook. You raised your price, yet you are still selling the same gas. You didnt get a %$^$%&^ new load, so why are you raising the price. It was hilarious.

When your dealing with fuel - oil, gas, coal etc. - you do your pricing on what is called replacement cost - not on the cost of the fuel you have in storage - I worked for a power company and that was how the cost of the electricity was determined - if it was a coal burning station the cost of its output was determined on the cost of coal at the time not on the cost of the coal pile out in the coal yard - that's the same way gas is priced - if done right the cost of gas will go down even if the gas being sold cost more - now here is the rub - in the power industry there are rules that must be followed but I don't know if there is anyone watching if the gas stations are doing the way it is suppose to work -

When your dealing with fuel - oil, gas, coal etc. - you do your pricing on what is called replacement cost - not on the cost of the fuel you have in storage - I worked for a power company and that was how the cost of the electricity was determined - if it was a coal burning station the cost of its output was determined on the cost of coal at the time not on the cost of the coal pile out in the coal yard - that's the same way gas is priced - if done right the cost of gas will go down even if the gas being sold cost more - now here is the rub - in the power industry there are rules that must be followed but I don't know if there is anyone watching if the gas stations are doing the way it is suppose to work -

Average Joes, do not know this, and I would think as well, they should not be raising the price with old stock in the tank. I think that is the biggest piss off to the consumers.

That's just it Joe, gas prices jump $0.05 to $0.20 overnight based on what you call replacement cost, but it'll take months for it to retreat back to the original price...longer if they can find enough turmoil in the world to justify higher pricing.