The fall bite.

OhioFisherman

Temps here in tropical Ohio are below 70 for the next few days, well below normal for this time of year here. Just guessing it is cooler up there, will the bite start early?

just got a notification on my phone, frost advisory for parry sound....here we go!

ITS BLOODY AUGUST!!!!

LOL, we always tried to time our September trips to PAB to hit right after the first real cold spell, it seemed to signal the fish to feed, it was almost always mid to late September. This time of year here we are usually still dealing with the dog days of August.

the fall bite for smallies has started already because of the cooler water temps and air temps in central Ontario.....I was fishing and it was 5 degrees last weekend in central Ontario with a few lakes in the 68 degree water temp and some as low as 64....the smallies are putting on the feed bag ,,,,,,, :clapping: :clapping:

I saw the results of those tournaments. It looks like other than the top teams most struggled to put anything decent in the boat.

I had fished the lake on the Saturday and found it tough.

link to those results?

i was fishing the theona park tournament on saturday...winning bag was 13lbs, we finished fourth with 10.1

caught a lot of smallies but couldnt get size. We got one 4.6lber first thing in the morning but after that it was all dinks.

I was on the Trent river last week on holidays.. Water temps were 76 the first day.. dropped to 69 by the time I left.. Walleye were hitting tube jugs while bass fishing, and just about anything I could throw at them

the fall bite for smallies has started already because of the cooler water temps and air temps in central Ontario.....I was fishing and it was 5 degrees last weekend in central Ontario with a few lakes in the 68 degree water temp and some as low as 64....the smallies are putting on the feed bag ,,,,,,, :clapping: :clapping:

Simcoe had dropped down to 69 deg as of last weekend. They have dropped the water levels already. 3 ft from what I can see. I,ll give the fall top water bass bite a go for a week, then it,s river time. :Gonefishing:

Edited by Misfish

not just the shallow water topwater,they are pushing up bait from the deep and I am getting 3-4lb smallies pretty regularly over 50-100ft of water doing the topwater game....its awesome ....

Actually seen busting on the surface last weekend 70-100 fow. Also seen clouds of shiners under the toon.