Bird's nest untangling itself ? huh

woodenboater

So managed to squeeze in a few minutes fishing during a trip through Quetico Park last week (group was making miles so little time to fish) and forgot to adjust the cast control on the Curado. Ended up with an ugly bird's nest, which I couldn't be bothered picking apart since I had another rod with me. Someone else then needed a rod so I lent them the spinning and went back to the nest. It would only cast short distances but somehow, the nest untangled itself after a few casts and all was good. Saved me a job.

Has this ever happened to anyone else or were the fishing gods taking pity on me ?

re:fishing - the Cranking Rap enticed a pike but it shook the hook (only barbless allowed in Quetico). Got a smallie as well but it was its namesake...small ;)

Edited by woodenboater

cant say I have ever casted thru a birds nest but it would make sense. Every once in a while you get one where no picking is required, just keep pulling hard on line. Now this video is something else. That I will have to try some time....almost excited for a backlash to happen

cant say I have ever casted thru a birds nest but it would make sense. Every once in a while you get one where no picking is required, just keep pulling hard on line. Now this video is something else. That I will have to try some time....almost excited for a backlash to happen

I seen a different vid, similar though, years ago. Works like a charm but it won't work everytime

Nice. Splurged on a 300 yard spool of 80 pound braid to start musky season this year on my c3 6501 and managed a loop/snare on the first day of season so deep I can't make more than a 30ish yard cast yet can't for the life of me get the snag put of the line. Might have to cut the entire spool away for all I know. Enough to drive a man mad.

Seems the fishing gods were with you :). In the event they are not, here's a great video on quick & easy untangling a birds nest:

Tried & true. Works every time.

awesome tip, thanks !

I do have the tool to pick at the nest but was too lazy to get it and tbh, never used it yet haha

Edited by woodenboater