New Personal & Boat Best Bow 15-9 w/pix

Pikeslayer

A new PB & Boat Best for me :). 15 lb 9 oz.

Fought like a beast & peeled line like a big King.

NKvBSYi.jpg

Destroyed the SPRO & treble snapped on first pull !!

PPF8zmU.jpg

The catcher: Green Nasty Boy :) (middle in photo). SIL replaced the treble, replaced the SPRO @ cut off the nicked end of the 12 lb. Seaguar.

VLVOpPr.jpg

Back down on the rigger to 35'. FISH ON :). FISH GONE :(. Retrieved the limp line and found the leader gone with the uni still intact. I suppose we were fortunate to land the big bow, but SIL is distraught over the loss of his favourite spoon. So.......if any one reading here happens to have one or more that never sees the water........? If I remember correctly, I think the lost lure was a smaller version of what's attached here. Maybe 3" ? Shoot me a pm if you have any available please.

BTW, I used IMGUR to post the pix off the mobile site. Their app though does not have the option for linking BB codes. At least not on IOS??

Edited by pikeslayer

@ OI,

Thx John. NB's have been out of production since 14/15ish but I'll follow up on your leads. It's one of those 'confidence lures' ;)

@ Gallie,

Appreciate that. If you find anything, PM me & let me know if your interested in $$ or trade.

Thx Porkpie. Been trolling quite a few years & put many on PB's & a few Tyees but was nice to get this one for myself :)

Geeze Pike I didn't know they don't make them anymore. The lures I saw must be knock offs, I know folks use them (knockoffs) here successfully. The few I do have my wife mounted in a shadow board for decoration of our place. I should put a tag on it "In case of emergency break glass."

Edited by Old Ironmaker

congrats on the PB Sy - the tail on that thing is huge. - re: the spoon - if it was the one you always ran when we were out, I have never seen one that colour before... good luck in our search. Maybe you can find the size and get someone to paint another for you, if you have a picture of it?

Geeze Pike I didn't know they don't make them anymore. The lures I saw must be knock offs, I know folks use them (knockoffs) here successfully. The few I do have my wife mounted in a shadow board for decoration of our place. I should put a tag on it "In case of emergency break glass."

My birthdays just around the corner ;)

Dont be fooled ya,ll. Thats the same bow I caught. LOL Still pulling that old gag eh Simon. LOL

J/K

Great fish and those nasty boys are great spoons.

LOL, Dancing Rainbow. Good times Brian

congrats on the PB Sy - the tail on that thing is huge. - re: the spoon - if it was the one you always ran when we were out, I have never seen one that colour before... good luck in our search. Maybe you can find the size and get someone to paint another for you, if you have a picture of it?

That's the one Rick. I'll find one come ........