Fishing in algonquin

Lukas0013

So I'm here in Algonquin for a few days, and I was wondering what lakes are good for fishing. I'm staying at Canisbay lake drive in on the highway 60 corridor. I've tried Cache lake and Smoke lake, only smallmouth bass and i got 3 of them last year. Cache lake is tiny bass though. So yeah, I was wondering any good spots to fish from shore that I could fish for smallmouth or pike, but I've heard lake trout also is a possibility. All help is appreciated, thanks. (Was also curious what you guys use to fish the species I'm targeting)

No expert on the park but pike tend to be at the eastern end of the park. Most lakes along the corridor will have decent smallie numbers. They usually associate with rocks and shoals. A canoe/boat would be very helpful. Caught some beauties on Lake of 2 Rivers years back.

You'll need to go deep into the park and know what you're doing to have success with trout

Fished Smoke Lake out of the kayak a month ago. Caught some nice smallmouth with a variety of minnow crankbaits, casting and trolling within 50 ft of shore. Also hooked into some nice bass with the drop shot on deeper rocks near mid lake rocky islands. The lakes are cold and deep. Tried to hook into lake trout with some spoons and deep trolling but was not successful. I heard you need to get down 50+ feet to find them at this time of year. I've read that there are few pike to be found in general so most people target the bass and lake trout. The park stores at the East and West gate have "fishing in algonquin park" book you can look at (or buy) for depth charts and other info. The depth charts were definitely helpful to plan locations. I really like algonquin, clean and very few powerboats (only allow up to 20hp) so its a great place for a yakfisher like me! Good luck, post a report.