Unexpected fishing derby...

manitoubass2

So, I found this epic "looking" shore spot. Decided to check it out this evening with my bro in law, son and two of his friends.

I figured as the sun set it would be perfect for pike/bass.

But, the kiddos came up with this 30 minute derby idea, to which I agreed.

Me and my bro in law took a seat and let the kiddos have at er!

Biggest fish of any legal species took bragging rights!

It was so fun to watch them running running shorelines, docks, re tying baits/lures, trying to sabotage each other lol.

30 mins and no fish landed as a cold front moved in, unfortunately.

So we went to a 5 minute overtime.

One kiddo landed a pike, maybe 24-26" in the last minute for the win!

I had an absolute blast watching and it was alot of fun! They all had access to my tackle bag just to make things fair.

All the kids were asking if we could do it again tomorrow lol

If I can figure out how to post the pics I will(some are awesome!)

If I cant, can someone shoot me a pm of their email to post?

Anyways, what a wicked fun time!

This is a great story. Love hearing stuff like this that keeps the kids entertained and gets them into fishing.

Can't wait to hear how round 2 goes

It was a great time! But if round two goes down today it's gonna be mid day to give them a better chance at landing fish.

It went from +25 at 5pm to only +10 at 8pm, waaaày too much of a cool down.

I was hoping it stayed warm because it was a beautiful sunny day and I figured the top water bite was gonna be on fire.

The kid(Joey) that won is a natural. He's been fishing for a month and has a wicked cast with a baitcasters. First thing he tied on was a chatterbait, and im thinking this kid knows what's up lol

He did get one gnarly backlash so I showed him how to get that out. Showed them a few new knots too and how to properly handle a northern.

fun little twist to make fishing even more enjoyable!

Day two was epic! Everyone landed 5 fish! All bass and pike. My boy took it today with the same northern that won it for Joey yesterday hahaha(same length/lamprey mark near the Gill plate.

Weather was nice again, sunny but +23 with a 15kmph wind

This is fun!

Edited by manitoubass2

Can some one post what their imgur process looks like step by step?

Nowhere on mine does it show a bbcode

Only a share icon for facebook/insta etc

Copy link only does just that

???

so when you click the image you want to post, it will pop up in a new window, on the top right will be the social media sharing options, below that is various codes for different formats, there will be image link, direct link, markdown link, HTML, BBCode(this is the one to use) and then linked BBCode, copy the text in the BBCode line and paste into the message board

VQo6VpY.png

Edited by FloatnFly

so when you click the image you want to post, it will pop up in a new window, on the top right will be the social media sharing options, below that is various codes for different formats, there will be image link, direct link, markdown link, HTML, BBCode(this is the one to use) and then linked BBCode, copy the text in the BBCode line and paste into the message board

VQo6VpY.png

Ughhhh that image doesn't show up on mine

All i get is the post to clipboard or share to Facebook/copy image url etc

Maybe I'll uninstall and reinstall, see if it's different?

Edited by manitoubass2

was trying to find a way to do it from mobile, and i can't, kind of ridiculous. you may have to find another way to do it, flickr, dropbox, or, upload your images to the site and share that way. unless someone more tech savvy than me has an answer

Edited by FloatnFly