I should have pinched the tail on this

BillM

Parents were up at French River for a week or so with my niece and her cousin. I decided to head up Thurs and spend a few days fishing. Weather was crap, rain everyday but at least the temp was constant. Heard rumours of some muskie being hooked and caught, brought my muskie stuff with me and thought I'd put some effort into them.

Second night, back bay about 15ft of water just off the edge of a nice weed edge, absolutely destroyed my jointed Believer as soon as it hit the water. Fight was maybe 5mins, half of that was telling my oldman to put the net away :) She got rolled up pretty good but none of the hooks were buried. Quick measurement was 47in to the fork and very very girthy. Bigger width wise then any pike I've caught. Such a nice fish. Of course didn't have a camera, lucky some people we knew were only about 50ft away and grabbed some pics for us. She swam off great after about 5 mins. I understand why people get hooked on these fish. I'm 6'3 and as you can tell I'm not holding the fish 5ft from my body :) She was a big big girl. The HB 959 I picked up also works awesome with the Terrova! Nice to have a big screen up there.

eBHKJnF.jpg

Edited by BillM

Nice! Always think of believers as being primarily trolling lures, although I know they work casting too.

With the double eyelets to change your depth, these are one of my fav casting baits. Especially when you wanna swim it just above the weeds, makes for a great surface lure as well.

unreal bill...im still waiting for my first chunky one from that neck of the woods.

Glad to see everything worked out with the unit as well! Im still actively shopping for an upgrade on the graph for the front of my boat as well!

The muskys have indeed been active, I caught one two weeks ago (not nearly this huge) and saw multiple surfacing this past weekend while trolling eyes...Pops also slapped a 40+ inch pike this past weekend. I think the mild summer has got the big fish frisky.

Edited by AKRISONER

Nice fish. Never measure to the fork!! Take the longest possible measurement. My biggest of the season is a 47.5" from LOTW.

S.

I was holding the fish, my oldman did the measuring, lol! ah well I'll just have to catch something bigger next time :)