road paint on car. Please advise

huzzsaba

Reached home and parked the car in the dark only to find paint all over the side when I got out of the house around noon today. Must have happened when I drove early morning when the roads were wet. They must have put down some fresh paint on the roads right before it rained :(

I was able to get off what splashed onto the paint, but my car had molded plastic around the wheel well and on the rocker panel. Power washer did nothing and neither did magic eraser.

Please advise. I was going to try nail polish remover before trying anything harsher, but thought I should ask here first.

Thanks

if you know where you picked it up you can call the city, they keep records of the crews and locations and are accountable.

Had a friend pick up a new car in Woodbridge...drove home on the 407 and when he got home noticed the side had been sprayed with white paint...now dry.

Contacted 407 and their insurance covered it.

Thanks for all the replies. I am sure all these recommendations will be useful to others who have been victimized by road paint lol.

I tried magic eraser but that didn't do much. After further digging into previously used cleaners at home, I found goo gone. sprayed it on and let it sit for 5 mins and it mostly came off.

thanks!