canoe rod holder ??

ROOK

Was looking for some and hoping people can weigh in on this. Actually looking more for a model for the person in the bow that could clip to the gunwales. I can manage to wedge my rod in my knees while paddling in the stern...but will accept suggestions for this position as well as I know there may be some that you can modify to attach to the thwarts....Rook

Go the with titelock clamp on suggestion. Just keep a couple pieces of wood in the canoe to use as backers as well as some neoprene to prevent scuffing. I used them on my first canoe, still have em. I mounted Scottys to my current canoe but they are more permanent as the bases are through bolted.

Rod holder that fits canoes with no modifications required is called a down easter. It is metal die cast for strength, lightweight and adjustibility. It has a clamp for designed for a canoe gunnel, stays away from your fiberglass or Kevlar hull and can be rotated to almost any angle, with an open 2 piece holding seat. Just took one on a flyin fishing trip. It handled n 8lb laker without issue. SAIL has them for $44, usually in stock. Good luck

Clamp on tite loks are my favourite. Been using them for years...they hold up

What types of fishing do you use the Tite-Loks for?

I am looking for some clamp ons for boat. Unfortunately, Salties won't fit over my gunnel and Cannon has discontinued their clamp-on holders. Scotties work but their large profile catches the water and make for a wet ride.

I hoping to find something that is not bulky; but that can handle copper, divers, and in-line planers for salmon.

I've owned a pair of tite lock clamp one for long time. I've gone so far as to run 10 colours of core down the chute on my old boat with the drag set lightly. Never took a king off it, but numerous bows, rod holder held up fine. I probably wouldn't run divers off of one. They only have one little clamp while its sturdy, diver put a fair amount of pressure on the holder and hits are some of the most savage for whatever reason. I've had a set of salty double

clamps that I've had almost as long for that. I'm running them on Berts track mounts now. Tite locks still the lightest for a canoe in my opinion.

Edited by porkpie