Night Fishing on the Ganaraska

jimmer

If its a fact then back it up with evidence not "what you've seen".

I can't think of any better evidence than an eye witness report of what he saw. What would you prefer? He should have asked them to let him take a picture, or are you just plain calling him a liar?

I really need to go for a walk along a well known stretch up here ,and have my camera rolling. Then again, I dont feel the need to get jumped and my head kicked in, cuz I seen things that I shouldnt.

Shane is a well respected member here. He is not talking out his ass. MANY SEE THESE THINGS THAT HAPPEN. Naming race well, thats a touchy subject. I would just say I seen these guys. MAYBE ADD OF DIFFERENT RACE. That is NOT OFFENDING, if you ask me.

If its a fact then back it up with evidence not "what you've seen".

You are obviously offended by this for some reason. Go take a walk along any trib, or shore fishing spot and take a pic and post it. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but facts are facts. Go crappie fishing on any kawartha lake in the spring, and see who is ignorant. These people get a reputation for a reason. I don't judge anyone, I really don't care what anyone does, that's thier choice, and none of my business, but I spend enough time on the water to know whats what.

Can't wait to see your photos.

S.

You are obviously offended by this for some reason. Go take a walk along any trib, or shore fishing spot and take a pic and post it. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but facts are facts. Go crappie fishing on any kawartha lake in the spring, and see who is ignorant. These people get a reputation for a reason. I don't judge anyone, I really don't care what anyone does, that's thier choice, and none of my business, but I spend enough time on the water to know whats what.

Can't wait to see your photos.

S.

Again who are "these people"?

Let's just chill. We know people of all backrounds poach and that is a fact that doesn't really need to be pointed out.

Nothing worth arguing over other than discussion about abused waterways and bad "fishing" techniques

You're right, it's not worth arguing over, but subconscious racism should be pointed out. It may not be done blatantly or intentionally, but you gotta call it out when you see it.

You're right, it's not worth arguing over, but subconscious racism should be pointed out. It may not be done blatantly or intentionally, but you gotta call it out when you see it.

Point out exactly where any sort of race was singled out......that's right, there wasn't. like I said earlier, mountains out of mole hills

It's as simple as the closer one gets to the GTA the more non "WASP" races one will see. Read about the charges and fines laid in the Nippising area, you will find more French names, a co incidence, no there are more people with French Canadian backgrounds. Both sets of my Grand Parents were born in Italy, my last name is Italian, am I more apt to be in a not so secret criminal organization? Not all Italians are mobbed up and not all Asians are poachers. Why not just say Asian, would that have been more accurate and less racist than foreigner, I'm not sure, I wasn't there? This political correctness has gone to far. But our friend in Washington is changing that.

After thinking about it why not just say "poachers".

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Most of those pic posted are from my camera or phone. It's all races. That are doing it ,the ones that

Gut and chuck are good anglers who know how to bend the law. Yes we have some other groups that break the law and that is just fact we must take time out of our busy fishing time and educate these people/ groups the restrictions in port hope are just the beginning. It's time that we educate people

look at all them split bellies, a very common sight

043ce37087b966254088e9024fb6db81.jpg?stm

You may be right about litter and poaching but from my personal experience, it's not the "foreigners" who dump the fish after taking the roe. Usually they consume what they get.