Restoule/Stormy/clear mid september

KraTToR

Considering 4 days/ 3 nights in mid sept thurs to sunday. Fished Restoule a few years ago but never stormy or clear.

1. What is the launch like on stormy? Is there a dock?
  2. May have an open seat. IT will be a BYOT thing tho (Bring your own tent)..
  3. What about an OFC get together or whatever?

Thoughts?

1. The launch on stormy is good, yes there's a dock.

As of last year I believe, no motors above 9.9 on stormy or clear though. It's too bad as I love those lakes.

How does this law work? If I have a 50 on my boat, could I just use my TM all day?

How does this law work? If I have a 50 on my boat, could I just use my TM all day?

Sure. Just make do something like leave the boat keys in the truck...or remove the fuel tank if it's portable. We have lakes down here that are no outboards allowed and we use bassboats that have 200's hanging off the back. I trim it up and leave the keys in the truck.

Call the park office, they would be able to tell you that. I doubt it though as there is absolutely nothing listed online and the park website says nothing about HP restrictions on stormy and considering they maintain a pretty nice launch there you'd think it would say something.

Call the park office, they would be able to tell you that. I doubt it though as there is absolutely nothing listed online and the park website says nothing about HP restrictions on stormy and considering they maintain a pretty nice launch there you'd think it would say something.

the restrictions can be found here: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/070347#BK39

specifically:

Restoule PP

(power boats allowed in) All waters, except Stormy Lake, Clear Lake and on Restoule River if the boat has an engine rating not exceeding 10 horsepower from May 1 to Thanksgiving Monday and not exceeding 40 horsepower from the first Tuesday following Thanksgiving to April 30 of the following year

i'd call the park and as anyway.

Edited by Raf

hey guys just back from restoule yesterday....there is no outboard restrictions on stormy or clear....I have a 70 . i and all the other boats with much larger outboards would have been breaking the law...lol...i have been fishing there for 30 years....yes there is a ramp and dock at stormy....a very good ramp and dock

p.s. the musky fishing right now is very hot

Edited by bowslayer

no sign at ramp and there was at least 30 boats on water with anywhere from 25 hp to 150 on stormy and clear at anytime this past week.Plus there is a lot of private cottages on clear and a few on stormy which are not in the park .

Edited by bowslayer

I'm willing to bet some squeaky wheel on the lake got onto parks to post a sign; and there was probably a big uproar and it was shouted down, and sign removed. Despite their being some regulation somewhere, I have launched there numerous times and never seen a sign, and no one has ever breathed a word about HP restrictions on that lake to me. I am pretty sure bowslayer spends a lot of time there, he'd probably know.

many of the cottagers and residents regularly drop their boats in stormy for the day and there are not many that have a 9.9 or less on the back. If there was something pushing for this it was probably the canoe and kayak owners that use the waters. Funny i think there is enough lakes in the province that have no motorboats restrictions already,but i cant think of many that have canoe or kayak restrictions. I have never seen a sign or heard about anything like that and i have been spending summers there for 30 years in the park and know many of the area cottagers and residents.