Rain suit

Went to Mark's the other day and the ones on sale I mentioned earlier in the thread were all gone and they didn't have much left on the shelves of other brands. It's the time of year. They would be phasing out their spring/summer clothing now for winter. They did have the Helly Hensen (HH) brand and it looked like very nice rain gear at a fair price.

Went to Canadian Tire and the one near my location had SQUAT when it came to rain gear. But I got lucky. They had just a few pairs of rain pants (I already have a jacket) on an end display and it was just what I was looking for. Rain paints that have zipper pockets and a pouch to store the pants in (which allow me to pack them in the little pouch and store them on the boat very easily). The brand name is Woods and they were $50.

Edited by AdamW

I know it is a short drive for you but forest city surplus in london has some descent wetskins rain suits for about 150 bucks,,,,,i have had one for about 20 years looks good and still keeps me dry of course 20 years ago they were about 75 bucks lol....bibs and jacket.

also columbia makes some really good rain wear at a descent price.....again there is a wearhouse for columbia in london at the 401 behind the flyin j.....everything is at least 40 percent off retail.....downside is you need a invitation to shop in there but maybe a member on here from london could hook you up as they hand them out regularly to area workplaces

Edited by bowslayer

My brother put me onto to this concept. He is an avid motorcycle rider and his raingear for his bike puts all fishing raingear to shame. And the best part is its way way cheaper in price. Go to a bike shop and check out there rain gear. Anything made for fishing is over priced and we all agree with that.

My brother put me onto to this concept. He is an avid motorcycle rider and his raingear for his bike puts all fishing raingear to shame. And the best part is its way way cheaper in price. Go to a bike shop and check out there rain gear. Anything made for fishing is over priced and we all agree with that.

That's a great tip!

When it comes to fall fishing and you might get soaked out there, I just put a cheaper rainsuit over my reasonably priced wet gear.

Have the Bone Dry pants... Have the BPS Qualifier jacket. Both older now, both a little leaky here and there, but when it's pouring I pull out a Coleman rainsuit kept in it's own little baggy in the boat, and put it on over top. Nothing gets ya then.

If it's a warm rain... who cares. ;)

If buying a single fall suit I'd just go Viking. You'll sweat wet before you get rain wet, but it'll be a warm sweat. lol.