Rain suit

It's quite expensive, but the BPS 100MPH is tough to beat. I have had one for 4 years and every time it rains, I'm reminded that (for me) it was money well spent. Dry as a bone no matter how intense the downpour, even ripping at 50-60mph.

Like anything, it's all about being able to justify the expense to yourself so cheaper options are out there, but something with a Goretex (or similar breathable membrane) is really where it's at for keeping the rain out while still allowing any moisture from your body to escape. For what it's worth, I also love wearing the bibs on cooler summer or fall mornings: they're 100% windproof as well?

You hard core guys are going to laugh at this; but for 75 bucks, Canadian Tire's wetskins have worked very well for me. I use the jacket all the time, as a wind breaker; the inner liner allows it to breath; so I'm not soaked from sweating.

The one I'm using now is on its 6th year; other then a couple of hook catches in the pants; it's in good shape.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/wetskins-waterproof-2-pc-rainsuit-navy-0783358p.html#srp

Dan.

Edited by DanD

You hard core guys are going to laugh at this; but for 75 bucks, Canadian Tire's wetskins have worked very well for me. I use the jacket all the time, as a wind breaker; the inner liner allows it to breath; so I'm not soaked from sweating.

The one I'm using now is on its 6th year; other then a couple of hook catches in the pants; it's in good shape.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/wetskins-waterproof-2-pc-rainsuit-navy-0783358p.html#srp

Dan.

Yup, it,s what I wear Dan.

I just packed my Stormtech jacket and pants for a trip. It's 17 years old and looks and works like new. I don't even know if they still make them, I haven't had to replace it.

My ol man distributes for them.

So if anyone wants, i can hook up a great cost

The gear is great, but OI would you agree the jackets fit small?

My large pants fit great, but my jacket at xl was too small. Mind you im fat

But I had to go xxl

The wetskin from Canadian Tire is a good one for occasional use. I did the research when I was looking and just could bring myself to purchasing the more expensive brands for what I do.

Edited by jimmer

The wetskin for Canadian Tire is a good one for occasional use. I did the research when I was looking and just could bring myself to purchasing the more expensive brands for what I do.

I too have the same one's, one set at home one set at my folks cottage. For the price they do what I need. Yeah sitting you will get wet but still better than nothing

I had an old wetskins that was a hand me down for a few years. Was great for keeping dry and for a day of fishing

When we started doing week long trips I found it very hot and uncomfortable over the course of a week and not very warm on cold rainy days so I upgraded to a bass pro pro qualifier suit. I love it, and it's much more comfortable than the wetskins but it was also about 6 times the price lol

So I think it depends on your needs. On our trips you've paid a lot of money to fish so sitting in the cabin isn't an option but for a day trip here and there is didn't mind the wetskins. One big pita on my wetskins was no zipper on the bibs make sure you have a zipper.

Cheers

Gordy

The OP said he wanted a not too expensive suit, I don't know why you guys are talking 100 mph and Guidewear.

I have an older Wetskins suit from Costco (I think it was $50) and for the money it's been great. I use the pants even when it's not raining to break the wind when it's fairly cold.

Mark's has the Windriver rain pants on sale for $25 at the moment. But I think it expires in a day or two!

But even when not on sale, they are only $35 and the nice Helly Hansen rain pants are $45 @ Mark's. They are nice and well reviewed (both Mark's site and Amazon.ca)

They have matching jackets.