2014 Dodge Thoughts

Loonietoon

I've read conflicting info on the forums about that. Putting the gears into manual via the steering wheel apparently does(according to a video on the subject) , but haven't confirmed tow/haul does?

MIne doesn't go into MDS when in tow mode....at least I can't get it to. I don't even notice when it does go into MDS. Can you notice a difference?

S.

I've read conflicting info on the forums about that. Putting the gears into manual via the steering wheel apparently does(according to a video on the subject) , but haven't confirmed tow/haul does?

Pretty sure fca makes sure I know more about it than most ?

MIne doesn't go into MDS when in tow mode....at least I can't get it to. I don't even notice when it does go into MDS. Can you notice a difference?

S.

Depends on exhaust system the duals can make a bit of a drone in mds due to resonance tuning not as noticable on single exhaust

S.

Absolutely I could tell. Almost feels/sounds like a chugging when in mds. This was a Laramie with the 8spd. I had the Eco light enabled so could verify when it went into mds.

• 2 weeks later...

All the people saying this sucks or that sucks and living no reasons, disregard their posts. (why did they even bother taking time to NOT answer your question) Deal in facts or don't waste someone else's time. If you have no experience with something you don't have to feel obliged to comment.

I bought a 2012 outdoorsman 5.7L hemi brand new, still own it and it's hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. 0 issues with it, (110,000 kms on it as of this weekend), regular maintenance, taking care of your vehicle will go a long way. The 8 speeds are supposed to be better on fuel than mine. I regullarly get 700+kms out of a tank and do mostly short highway trips with a bit of in town mixed in.

If you plan on doing hauling with it, take a look at what the professional RV haulers use, 80% that I see on the highway are Dodge, and the rest are a mix of Ford, or chevy/GM, there are no Tundras or Titans in that industry for a reason. I drive 90% of my miles on the 401 and see close to a hundred RV haulers a week.

Go to Alberta and you'll see tonnes of tundras hauling. Easily my favorite truck, just wish I could afford one lol.

Their getting pretty big in NW Ontario too. But the majority is pretty split mixed between Dodge/Chevy, then ford

Yep, plenty of Tundras out West.

I'll be purchasing a LTD in the next few years so it's paid for by the time I retire.

A nice little retirement present for myself. :)

Yep, plenty of Tundras out West.

I'll be purchasing a LTD in the next few years so it's paid for by the time I retire.

A nice little retirement present for myself. :)

Nice! I'm jealous.

I'll be sticking out my brand new Silverado though for quite awhile lol.

But hopefully one day I'll have my tundra

Now if I can just figure out why the hell my engine light keeps coming on and going out. At first I thought it was the gas cap. Stop, remove and tighten back on. Light goes out. Cured. NOPE. Two days later, it,s back. Talk to a buddy, and he asks where Im getting my gas. I stop at refuel in Angus as it,s the cheapest price from Thornbury to Barrie. He says, there,s yer problem. He has the same truck as I, and says that refuel fuel, is crap. Ok, so I fuel up with high test at Costco. Light was on before fuel up. Fill the tank and wouldn't you know it, the engine light goes out. Problem solved. NOT . Two days later, lights on again.

Now my friend Fisherman tells me, it,s not the gas. Charcoal filter, gas cap or pressure relief tube. I did find the spout where the gas cap goes on, has some pick up on it. ( jagged edge ) I will smooth the edges with some wet paper. Maybe it,s damaged the O ring seal on the cap.

Other then this hiccup, I love my Ram. Great mileage with the 8 speed tranny.

Now if I can just figure out why the hell my engine light keeps coming on and going out. At first I thought it was the gas cap. Stop, remove and tighten back on. Light goes out. Cured. NOPE. Two days later, it,s back. Talk to a buddy, and he asks where Im getting my gas. I stop at refuel in Angus as it,s the cheapest price from Thornbury to Barrie. He says, there,s yer problem. He has the same truck as I, and says that refuel fuel, is crap. Ok, so I fuel up with high test at Costco. Light was on before fuel up. Fill the tank and wouldn't you know it, the engine light goes out. Problem solved. NOT . Two days later, lights on again.

Now my friend Fisherman tells me, it,s not the gas. Charcoal filter, gas cap or pressure relief tube. I did find the spout where the gas cap goes on, has some pick up on it. ( jagged edge ) I will smooth the edges with some wet paper. Maybe it,s damaged the O ring seal on the cap.

Other then this hiccup, I love my Ram. Great mileage with the 8 speed tranny.

My Jeep Liberty aka a Mopar product has exactly the same issue with the light, it seems to go out in a start or two after I loosen and retighten the gas cap :wallbash:

Buddy at work has a reader. I,ll be seeing whats up, with whats up Monday.

until you do this, you're just guessing. it may not be evap related at all. our beater corolla is throwing an intermittent catalytic code.. it'll come on then turn off after a few drive cycles. sticker's valid till dec 18 so i'm not worried about it.

[insert ontario etest is Bull comments here]

donchya have warranty on it anyway or is it too old now?

Edited by Raf

until you do this, you're just guessing. it may not be evap related at all. our beater corolla is throwing an intermittent catalytic code.. it'll come on then turn off after a few drive cycles. sticker's valid till dec 18 so i'm not worried about it.

[insert ontario etest is Bull comments here]

donchya have warranty on it anyway or is it too old now?

LOL

Warranty ended end of September. Go figure.

Well after a lot of searching and negotiations I have bought a 2017GMC Sierra Elevation 5.3 engin 6 spd transmission 4x4 cab 1/2 basicly a loaded truck. Pick it up Thursday Afternoon :clapping: Happy Birthday to meeeeeee :sarcasm:

Welcome to the club!!! Great choice I love mine! What colour?

Well after a lot of searching and negotiations I have bought a 2017GMC Sierra Elevation 5.3 engin 6 spd transmission 4x4 cab 1/2 basicly a loaded truck. Pick it up Thursday Afternoon :clapping: Happy Birthday to meeeeeee :sarcasm:

Great chose Kalvin, kudos on the GMC, great rides. I bought my Silverado at John Bear on Upper James, probably you as well. Poor service, I have to warn you. 6 big screens, WIFI and 5 service reps and 1.5 hours for an oil change COME ON MAN!!! 20 or more bucks less at other garages on the mountain. You don't have to deal with GM services. The body shop manager had to actually get on the asphalt to look under my rig and he was dressed like he was going to a wedding not a body shop and complained he got dirty. COME ON MAN!!

Edited by Old Ironmaker