Anyone fished Crotch Lake

LittleWorm

My dad and I would like to try fishing Crotch lake ( Ompah area ) . We have never been on the lake and he is worried about rocks and shoals that may take the bottom out of the boat because as he has no idea about the lake.

We fish Govan lake a lot and already have the North Frontenac permit and I know there are two boat launches ( one in the north and one in the south ) , has anyone used them and are they easy to use. My dad is 75 and is on oxygen 24/7 so getting around for him is hard. We need something that he does not really have to walk to .

Not asking for any honey spots but any advice on some places to concentrate on fishing and areas to avoid would be great ( we fish Pike and Walleye mostly ) as its a big lake and can spend our whole time just trying to find the right places.

Any help , advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Eric

Fished it for a week about 20 years ago. There are no meaningful fish left to be caught...then...and likely not now. Beautiful territory but no fish. There are recent reports out there that can substantiate that.