Taking my boys fishing - long point

Rachbest

Hi, I'm taking my two young boys fishing with the end goal of hanging on beach in long point provincial park. Can anyone recommend a good spot (on a rock or dock) where they can get some fishing action? We don't have a boat. And my eldest is adamant that we purchase worms as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kids are 8 and 5

Stop in at Old Cut Marina, they will have some bait for you and point you to a channel where the kids can fish without upsetting anyone. They are on Rogers Ave off of Old Cut Blvd which is the last road on your left before you get to the park (there's lots of signs). There's lots of places to fish along all the channels but it's best to check first since many people don't like anyone fishing around their boats or private property.

As a university student I was park naturalist there the summers of 73 and 74, did a lot of shore fishing and wading, my usual access point for fishing the canals was the small parking lot and launch ramp that the duck hunters use in the fall off the north end of Howey Ave. Lots of bluegills and crappie and some small largemouth and a bunch of hammer handle snot rockets in those canals.