GREASED the TOON, real good this morning

misfish

Whats with this crap wind weather reports these days ? Both Saturday and Sunday, called for S/W,SSW. YA RIGHT. I have dealt with N/W waves the past 2 days. Saturday I couldn't get to me jigg,n grounds, so instead of wasting an outing, I played with the perch. Caught a few jumbos, but the water is way to warm to be keeping IMO. I was passing time sorta speak.

Got home after my morning on the water, and I looked at the wind forecast for Sunday. Called for, SW, SSW. I followed the site all night to confirm. Perfect for where I wanted to head out AGAIN. Love me jigg,n grounds.

So at the break of 4am, Walk to the door, open and I see the flags limp. but I can hear the TV tower wires howling. I headed off to my toon preparing lot. Grab a couple of cups of java, and head east. I arrived to what looked like they had it right, but the noise from the tower wires, was in the back of my mind.. The inner bay was calm. Throw the toon in and get to rowing. First half mile was pleasant. easy row. Then the side of my face gave me the , WTH, is this ? I could feel this breeze upon my face. Not from the south, but from the north west. DAMIT. I continue to row and the wind continued to build. I am getting pissed by now. Get a mile and a half out and it is full blown north/west rollers.

At this point, I felt like this guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And just like him, I cursed, I said why, why, why,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

THEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WELL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I got myself to where I wanted to be. I anchored, and was able to hold my position with my 3lb anchor ,with 3ft of 10 lb,s of chain, and I watched the sun rise. The rise made me melo out, and be thankful for another morning to be out alive and fishing, no matter the conditions. PERSPECTIVE, I guess you can call it.

Turned out to be the call of the morning.

I greased the TOON well.

Snapshot 1 (8-j6-2017 3-23 PM).jpg

Snapshot 2 (8-6-2017 3-24 PM).jpg

Snapshot 3 (8-6-2017 3-25 PM).jpg

Snapshot 4 (8-6-2017 3-25 PM).jpg

Edited by Misfish

nice going dude

Thanks buddy.

There is a plus and negative to this day.

Plus

No human movement for jigging. Just hold the rod and let the rollers and waves do it for ya. :Gonefishing:

The negative, sitting here and still feel like Im on the rollers.

See ya in the AM, again. :canadian::Gonefishing:

Way cool nice times for sure. i went to pond X today and the overcast stayed till around 1130 and the bite was hot on deep water ledges and senco tubes. Most bass were less than 4 lbs but it was good for one or two every 10 minutes.

Art

Nice lakers Brian , that is some dedication getting out there in that wind . Couldn't help but notice your bait , that is a big bait !!!

I do a lot of laker jigging myself and have tried big baits like that and have not got a sniff , they like the smaller stuff where I go .

Goes to show you that the baitfish in Simcoe are big and plentiful . Keep the laker reports coming and be safe out there :good:

Thanks fellas.

Boy what a day makes. Got the calmer lake this morning, but the current picked up ( had the ducer on a 45 degree angle to mark my bait :w00t: ) and there was bait fish galore. Had 3 chases,1 quick hook up and gone. Bait fish anywhere from 40-90 fow. Did not mark many fish.

Great greaser brian!

Did it pull ya around Abit? Lol

Thanks Rick

Only one did, the 2nd one. Thats when I was worried about it getting caught in my anchor rope. I usually do not use the anchor.

I do find a big difference from rigging for them and jigging them. On the rigger, they will grab the bait and will see the rod bobbing . Have to pull the line off the release. When jigging them, they seem much more aggressive. The fight is hard and long at times. They will twist and turn, and once they get close to the top, they seem to put the after burners on and dive to the deeps again. I prefer to jig for them, but sitting back ,relaxing on a power boat, does have it,s advantages. Then again, tooning has it,s pluses as well. I stay fit.

I have so many ask if Im not well or if I have been going to the gym, due to my weight lose. Sure this tooning is not for everyone. For me, I have always wanted one and have found out it,s not all fun and games. Rowing and flipping out a couple miles in 2 fters, isnt that easy. I curse alot and say why am I doing this. But it,s all drained away, by the end of the day, and I am ready to do it again.

I can say, I do it for these things.

Fun

Stay fit ( as fit as I can )

Access waters that others cant with a boat. ( meaning, I can get out to spots without traveling on the water for miles or so ) and also lakes where boats cant.

And the real thing I love is, I,m at water level. Gives you a WHOLE new perspective on how high a fish really jumps out of the water, and like you seen in my 5/5 trip, the twists and turns they do while jumping. Watching them in slow motion, is very entertaining to me.

Although I have caught salmon on the toon in open water, they were not very large. I want one that will pull me, and I have to use the flippers to keep it under control. That is my goal this fall. Speaking of fish jumping, last fall was amazing. Never knew when one was going to jump right out in front of you. I,ll need to learn to keep the 5 rolling more. I do have my Fuji as a back up for pictures if need be.

Thanks again guys for the replies and for following.

Edit to add

The toon needs no oil change . I could use a fire arm at times, but we are :canadian:

:tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease:

Edited by Misfish