Heads Up!!!! Bad Weather!!!

DRIFTER_016

yeah we get it changing the channel on the tv every 5 minutes telling us about it

Yup, 4 times on the radio on the way home. Can hear the rolling thunder way off.

I,ll bet the laker bite is on good right now.

Edited by Misfish

I was listening to CFRB and they said entire wood lots of 100 year old trees ripped out of the ground this afternoon. Can't recall where. Be careful. Someone is house sitting our place as we are away down south and the waves and bloom algae are crashing against the cottage. The beach is 40 feet below the deck.

Am I ever happy we are away. Then again I love watching a storm over the lake. I have seen the water picked up and tossed 500 yards away parallel along the shore right out front followed by a water spout. Fishing boats tossed about like corks in the Fall that had to be rescued by The Coast Guard Hero's from Dover. When the BBQ goes flying by the window 5 feet in the air stay away from the window stupid. When people say it was windy they don't know what windy is and I worked on the Hamilton docks in the winter. If you stand towards the wind there isn't any air to breath. I have found our patio table 10' feet up a tree 20' feet away. Zebra mussels on the cars 200' feet from the water.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

LOL Old, looks like a normal start to the weekend here! Small craft advisory, waves 4 to 7 feet!

My dad worked for a trucking company ( on the dock ) that was located just south of the shore way ( I - 90- rte 2 here ) just east of deadman's curve. They were on the first high ground over looking Lake Erie, he took us there one time when we were little kids one winter, I was never in a hurry to go back!

Occasionally I had to pick up containers at the Cleveland docks, but luckily that was usually in warmer weather! A lot of years driving across the shore way here lots of water spouts on the lake!

The weather here on the Bruce has been brutal.

I managed to get me ten year old and seven year old out to fish for the first time this year. My oldest got two decent smallies both about 1lbs and fought like hell.

My youngest is a gobie slayer lol.

I went out this morning and it was 16 degrees, rain and 25kmph winds and was unpleasant without a rain suit lol

Bad Weather Here complete with a Tornado Warning, There's a Report of a Tornado Touch Down in Hawkesville, Radar shows strong rotation continuing. It is moving east through Winterbourne towards Maryhill by 8:20 PM, and southwest of Guelph BY 8:30 PM

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/alerts/high-alert/ontario/st-clements

Had about a 30-40 minute very intense t storm & high winds here - all calm now. Lotsa sirens heading up Rama Rd towards Washago shortly after it calmed, 3 separate groups. Imagine there may be at least some wind damage but I sincerely hope no injuries.

Michael