Ti Cats down by 59 points in 4th quareter.

It will be announced Monday afternoon July 31st 2017 that management is going in a different direction and that Head Coach Kent Austin has stepped down and Defensive Co-ordinator Jeff Rhinebolt will assume the position of interim Head Coach until the Hamilton Tiger Cats can find someone that can win a game.

lol...CFL

has the league folded yet? or are they going to continue to keep letting it die off in alignment with the fanbase that is dying off of old age.

I dont know a single person under the age of 50 years old that watches the CFL.

Edited by AKRISONER

I actually prefer watching the CFL game over the NFL. With less downs, more is at stake on each play.

Also with CFL, the game is never over, unless of course it's 60-1 ( lol ).

I actually enjoy Jr. and NFC Football better than both. These kids do if for the love of the game. Guys get shift changes to attend practice and play on weekends. You might get a Cop playing on the line next to the guy that has to get signed out of the Barton St. Pokey to play.

I think coach Austin is 1 generation too far removed to relate to his players today. That's one reason he has failed. He is the boss of a friend and have had him her for a meal and he is a good guy, but he is strict even to my standards. I see most head coaches in the CFL aren't too far removed from the game these days. Call me racist but I believe if a players number can't be read because his hair or dreadlocks covers it should be illegal, I don't care what race you are. Most players in the CFL today are all about the air time, just watch the after play antics. You made a tackle kid, pretend you have done it before, you didn't just score the winning TD in the Grey Cup. Man am I turning into my father? He threatened us to cut our Beatles hair cuts when we were sleeping at night. We were the "Pepsia Cole generashina". And he cut my brothers hair one night after afternoon shift!!!! I swear.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I don't think the Cats problem is the coach, Old Ironmaker. I think it has more to do with not knowing who all these new players are? I've never heard of most of these guys.

And as mentioned before, the guys you HAVE heard of are all playing great on other teams. lol

You're right, we're getting killed by our own past players.

As you say NFL is a girls game. small field, 4 downs, no end zone.can't run after kick, what's with that?.

NFL Players come up here, they need a GPS :rofl2:

Don't want to say I'm a Cat fan because of MOD-Q :whistling:

Edited by Fish Farmer

Fist fight breaks out yesterday between QB1 Collaros and his O line and members of the defense. And Austin is laughing it off this AM on CHCH as normal, it's not. I understand a coach can only work with what's given him and he doesn't have much but the revolving door that is the CFL teams all have the same problem, player turnover. Disrespecting the so called leader on your team by teammates and physically trying to hurt him is just ridiculous. There's a reason he wears a red shirt at practice. The coach has lost this team.

There were two scuffles according to TSN. First one was some yapping between the QB and the D, on the next play a O line man and a D line man got into it. Although it does happen more then people realize I'm sure.

Happens during camp, of course, but not 5 games into the season. At least not with teams that are not 0 and 5. I take it back, Kent won't be fired. He wears too many hats, VP of Operations amongst others. I want the team to do well. Since almost every team in this 8 team league makes the playoffs they still have a chance to be in the Grey Cup believe it or not. Go Cats Go.